• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you know when your bunnies are happy??

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Spudsey has been with Squirrel for over a month....and although a bit of grooming and sitting with each other took place to start with, I'm not sure if its a match made in heaven:? Squirrel is quite a grumpy man sometimes and although most of the time they are not near each other he does occasionally try jumping on her but because shes a tiny wildie she always manages to outrun or jump over him!:lol:
But when I put them back in their cage at night there is always a bit of a scuffle when they get in and Spudsey seems to spend most of the time in one position looking out of the cage! Now it was Squirrels old cage but I disinfected it and painted it all inside and outside before putting them both in it (about 6 weeks after it was just Squirrels hutch) so not sure if this is why? But Spudsey never seems to do her 'happy jumps' or mad dashes anymore.....though she now has 2 cats to contend with as well who find her very interesting indeed......

sorry long post:oops:

Well, assuming that their run is big enough for them to get up speed, it could just be that she is growing up. When my lot were little, they used to dash around like nutters but they're nearly 4 now and although they still bomb around, it's not as much as when they were sort of 6 months-1 year.

I think weather affects rabbits too. Smokey loves the sun and lays in it all day but Inky is such a grumpy boy when it's hot!

I'm sure they're OK, it's still early days for them outside.

i always find as babies my bunnie sbinky like mad. Jelly and Pebbles, both ym girls, ALWAYS binky. but there has 2 be good reason for my boys 2 do it, just the way they are.

I also find that..when u firts bond bunnies, all they do is groom, snuggle, groom, snuggle, and once that wears off they seem 'normal' again. mine still love each other and do give each other a groom but nothing on the scale of what they used to, theyre just comfy around each other now.

im sure they are happy :D

how big is their run x

seems to be no grooming at the moment at all, though I can't see them all the time so maybe its going on out of sight....run size is 5 x 6 at the moment but once our patio is done :roll:its going to hopefully be 5x9.

i know 110% they are happy when they seek each other out and one bunny flops at onto/by the side of the other 1 :love::love::love::love::love:

we also have mutual grooming too :D

My buns look like they are just 2 separate buns a lot of the time, sitting at opposite corners of the run, but every now and again I find one or the other having a crafty groom on the other ones head. They're not what I'd call lovebuns as they're by no means inseperable, but they seem happy enough and they do like each other a lot - just very quietly!

Think I may have seen Squirrel give Spudsey a sneaky lick on the head earlier! Have been 'spying' on them quite a bit this evening....though its chucking it down with rain outside at the mo and Spuds is still sat in the same position by the front of the cage looking like shes shivering!!!

Back