• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spudsey made me cry!

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Awwww am I sad or what!?:oops: Spudsey has been outside for about 5 weeks now since I bonded her with Squirrel and I have missed her terribly :cry: She was living in my lounge and I guess I just got used to having her there...well every morning apart from the annoying habit she had of rattling her cage first thing in the morning , I used to come downstairs and she used to lick me!

Well since shes' been outside things have been really strange, and i felt like the bond I had with her had been lost :cry:She was hand reared by me from about 2 days old (wild bunny) so she's like my baby!:lol:So I've been a bit down lately about it all....however I've been feeding her pellets and dandelion leaves etc by hand to try and keep a bond with her but no licks...until a couple of days ago! yay! I was sooooo happy I cried!!!!:oops::oops:

Aww bless her and you
I had the same wiv Jasper and Jasmine they were hand reared from an early age ( not by me ) cos their mother was eaten by a fox and wen I got them at about 6 weeks of age they took to me and started lickin me :love: it was so cute . Wen they went outside and were bonded wiv my lop Honey all the licking stopped :cry: They must be about a yr old now ( both are done ) and Jasmine started chewing my hair the other day ( I know it looks like hay but lol ) while I was bending down cleaning out their litter tray and she was on the shelf :lol: Little monkey lol

I was told that hand reered rabbits could not go outside as they have got use to warmth of the indoors....thats why my Norris is a house rabbit I hand reered him from 3 days of age.

I could not put him outside even if i wanted to though, id miss him not walking around the house and jumping up to get cuddles. He use to sleep in my bed with me when i lived with my parents but now i live with my partner hes not allowed :(

My new bun Gloria is doing very well and Norris and her are so cute together they cuddle up and he grooms her. She is only 5 weeks though so do not leave them together unsupervised and they sleep apart!

Jasmine started chewing my hair the other day ( I know it looks like hay but lol ) while I was bending down cleaning out their litter tray and she was on the shelf :lol: Little monkey lol

Norris once ate my fringe lol! it was so short and stood on end one he had finished with it! I was more worried about him then me but he was fine...he never ate my hair again so i guess he didnt like the taste that much.

He still loves to eat whiles though if he gets the chance!

awwww bunnies are sooo cute :love: not heard about not letting hand-reared bunnies go outside though :? I waited until the weather was warm until i let Spudsey out though as I was worried about the change of temparature but shes been fine.

I know what you mean, Inky was a house bunny for a few months before I got Smokey and I missed having rabbits in the house when they went outside.

Earlier this year, Inky and Smokey were both inside for a few weeks when Inky's foot was really bad, it's amazing how quickly you get used to them inside. I loved coming out of the bathroom to find them sitting waiting for me to stroke them or sitting watching tv with them (Inky in particular loved 'Torchwood':lol:).

They don't stop loving you when they go outside though, they just get a bit distracted sometimes.

I know what you mean, Inky was a house bunny for a few months before I got Smokey and I missed having rabbits in the house when they went outside.

Earlier this year, Inky and Smokey were both inside for a few weeks when Inky's foot was really bad, it's amazing how quickly you get used to them inside. I loved coming out of the bathroom to find them sitting waiting for me to stroke them or sitting watching tv with them (Inky in particular loved 'Torchwood':lol:).

They don't stop loving you when they go outside though, they just get a bit distracted sometimes.

Think you're right there, there is alot more things going on outside than in! 2 prowling cats for a start!

ahhh. :love: Barney and Nettle are moving into a shed soon so will be weird not having them crashing about the place but will be nice for them to have lots of room and they can chew things and i won't mind! Also am putting a tv and video in there so i can go and hang out with them!

ahhh. :love: Barney and Nettle are moving into a shed soon so will be weird not having them crashing about the place but will be nice for them to have lots of room and they can chew things and i won't mind! Also am putting a tv and video in there so i can go and hang out with them!

wow! A tv and video too!? A real den then! :lol::lol:

Aww they dont forget you know. I still get bunny cuddles, nose rubs and licks from the benjamin and oscar (they were both housebuns at one point)... but Polo and Opal wont love me :lol:

Back