PDA

View Full Version : Spudsey made me cry!

Beatrix Potter
26-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Awwww am I sad or what!?:oops: Spudsey has been outside for about 5 weeks now since I bonded her with Squirrel and I have missed her terribly :cry: She was living in my lounge and I guess I just got used to having her there...well every morning apart from the annoying habit she had of rattling her cage first thing in the morning , I used to come downstairs and she used to lick me!

Well since shes' been outside things have been really strange, and i felt like the bond I had with her had been lost :cry:She was hand reared by me from about 2 days old (wild bunny) so she's like my baby!:lol:So I've been a bit down lately about it all....however I've been feeding her pellets and dandelion leaves etc by hand to try and keep a bond with her but no licks...until a couple of days ago! yay! I was sooooo happy I cried!!!!:oops::oops:

fairylegs
26-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Aww bless her and you
I had the same wiv Jasper and Jasmine they were hand reared from an early age ( not by me ) cos their mother was eaten by a fox and wen I got them at about 6 weeks of age they took to me and started lickin me :love: it was so cute . Wen they went outside and were bonded wiv my lop Honey all the licking stopped :cry: They must be about a yr old now ( both are done ) and Jasmine started chewing my hair the other day ( I know it looks like hay but lol ) while I was bending down cleaning out their litter tray and she was on the shelf :lol: Little monkey lol

clairescanvas
26-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I was told that hand reered rabbits could not go outside as they have got use to warmth of the indoors....thats why my Norris is a house rabbit I hand reered him from 3 days of age.

I could not put him outside even if i wanted to though, id miss him not walking around the house and jumping up to get cuddles. He use to sleep in my bed with me when i lived with my parents but now i live with my partner hes not allowed :(

My new bun Gloria is doing very well and Norris and her are so cute together they cuddle up and he grooms her. She is only 5 weeks though so do not leave them together unsupervised and they sleep apart!

Jack's-Jane
26-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Awwwwwwwww bless, she wont forget you saved her :D

Janex

clairescanvas
26-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Jasmine started chewing my hair the other day ( I know it looks like hay but lol ) while I was bending down cleaning out their litter tray and she was on the shelf :lol: Little monkey lol

Norris once ate my fringe lol! it was so short and stood on end one he had finished with it! I was more worried about him then me but he was fine...he never ate my hair again so i guess he didnt like the taste that much.

He still loves to eat whiles though if he gets the chance!

Beatrix Potter
26-06-2008, 12:33 PM
awwww bunnies are sooo cute :love: not heard about not letting hand-reared bunnies go outside though :? I waited until the weather was warm until i let Spudsey out though as I was worried about the change of temparature but shes been fine.

FriskyClover
26-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I know what you mean, Inky was a house bunny for a few months before I got Smokey and I missed having rabbits in the house when they went outside.

Earlier this year, Inky and Smokey were both inside for a few weeks when Inky's foot was really bad, it's amazing how quickly you get used to them inside. I loved coming out of the bathroom to find them sitting waiting for me to stroke them or sitting watching tv with them (Inky in particular loved 'Torchwood':lol:).

They don't stop loving you when they go outside though, they just get a bit distracted sometimes.

Beatrix Potter
26-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I know what you mean, Inky was a house bunny for a few months before I got Smokey and I missed having rabbits in the house when they went outside.

Earlier this year, Inky and Smokey were both inside for a few weeks when Inky's foot was really bad, it's amazing how quickly you get used to them inside. I loved coming out of the bathroom to find them sitting waiting for me to stroke them or sitting watching tv with them (Inky in particular loved 'Torchwood':lol:).

They don't stop loving you when they go outside though, they just get a bit distracted sometimes.

Think you're right there, there is alot more things going on outside than in! 2 prowling cats for a start!

racheld69
26-06-2008, 03:57 PM
ahhh. :love: Barney and Nettle are moving into a shed soon so will be weird not having them crashing about the place but will be nice for them to have lots of room and they can chew things and i won't mind! Also am putting a tv and video in there so i can go and hang out with them!

Beatrix Potter
26-06-2008, 10:00 PM
ahhh. :love: Barney and Nettle are moving into a shed soon so will be weird not having them crashing about the place but will be nice for them to have lots of room and they can chew things and i won't mind! Also am putting a tv and video in there so i can go and hang out with them!

wow! A tv and video too!? A real den then! :lol::lol:

oscarbunny
26-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Aww they dont forget you know. I still get bunny cuddles, nose rubs and licks from the benjamin and oscar (they were both housebuns at one point)... but Polo and Opal wont love me :lol:

ambers mummy
27-06-2008, 10:36 AM
:love: