• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To bond or not to bond ... that is the question!

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Moo is going to be spayed on 8 July and I was wondering when I should try to bond her with Liquorice? I was going to do it after the spay, but Liquorice looks so lonely and I tend to spend more time with Moo as she is in the lounge and has to be watched at all times, whereas Liquorice is really good and I can leave him on his own.

Thing is he has started biting the sofa - and I think he is bored, so wondered would it be an idea to bond him with Moo before her spay or not?

I have allowed him in the lounge whilst Moo is in her cage and they kiss each other through the bars, so the signs are good.

Any suggestions what to do?

I also would suggest bonding about 10 days after her being speyed.

Doing it now could be she has been through a bonding then a neuter which could be to stressful for her and lead to gut stasis. Doing it the other way round is a better option.

Spend more time with Liquorice, give Moo 10days to recover from her spay then bond them then.

I will try to spend more time with Liquorice - but it will mean Moo has to spend more time in her cage. I supposed 10 days after her spay will only be 22 days away, so that is not too bad.

Thanks guys x

Back