• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor owners

Mine is in a run during the day until I get home from work then he is let out (But escaped today so now will have to stay in his run till Hubby gets home from London at the weekend. He goes to bed in his hutch in the shed at around 9:00 - 10:00. He gets let out again in his run or garden (when secured) at 6:30 a.m. till 8:15.

Mine are out 24/7 they like to go to bed about 10am to 4pm (bit later when it's hot. But they potter about now and then during that time.

Mine stay out all day but if it's cold they go in at 10:30 but in winter they go to bed when it's pitch black.

Mine have run access 24/7. The whole run and front of the wendyhouse is covered over with tarpaulin at night and anchored down (there is still air going in and out so they can breath fine!) so nothing can see in and we have a very secure back garden and no sign of any other wild animals in the past year i have had them (touch wood)...

well dora and snowy have a hutch attatched to a 6x6x3ft run they are in this all day and all night if its warm however if its cold and i think its going to rain overnight i put them in when it starts to go dark, when i get home i let them out into full garden to play.... oh...also when dora is being hormonal and pulling out fur and nesting(she being speyed on fri..) i have to put them into hutch at night as she gets scared of the dark and shadows and thumps and frets a lot as she obviously doesnt feel secure.

Mine live in sheds and have access to their runs until I lock them in for bed, which is normally around 10.30-11pm, but if it's cold then I put them to bed earlier.
I know mine would like to stay out much later as they are all out in their runs at bedtime, and even though I know the runs are secure and on concrete I can't get my head around letting them out all night:roll:.
I don't think we get foxes in the garden, but just seeing one might frighten the life out of them! I know it would me:lol:

mine hav their garden which their hutch n run are in all day from bout 8am, till i shut them in runabout 8pm in summer, 4pm in winter just before it gets dark anyway... but they hav free run of their runall nite, tho i notice they tend to chose to stay in bedroom during dark.

mine are out in their run from 5.30am / 6am to about 9pm / 10pm.
They have access to their hutch all day via a cat flap, but I lock the flap at night.

mine are actually free range, they have the whole garden to themselves from about 8am - 10pm, then i lock them away in their run/encloure which is 14ftX4ft at night just for saftey from the foxes!

Mine have 24/7 access. Usually put themselves to bed by 9-10pm but will pop back out at 2 am.

We put the trapdoor in Sienna and Dudley's hutch when we go to bed, usually around 11pm, often later. We let them out when we get up, usually around 7.30am in the week and they have access to hutch/run on slabs for the rest of the day :D So about 16 hours a day of free run :D

Mine go out when i get up for college (6am) until it is getting dark, (around 9:45pm) both pairs have a 6' X 4' run, though if i stay in the garden for the day, they get the run of the garden :D

Scamp goes out for a few hours run around about 6/7pm to 9/10pm - he's a house rabbit the rest of the time.

Hi mine are in fox proof runs at night so Charlie snide cant eat them.They are free range all day.I let them out at 6am and they go to bed about 8pm

Back