• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Kitts now 20 days old .... advice pls

roarysmam

Young Bun
:lol:Hiya everyone:wave:

My doe had a surprise litter 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Sadly lost one very soon after being born, leaving 5.

They are all absolutley gorgeous each now weighing in at between 7 and 8 oz (is that about right for their age?) and are showing their individual personalities. Bubble and Squeak are both browny/fawn in colour and Indie, Anna are white/grey and Jones is the double of mum white with brown slodges.

I have noticed over the past few days they are more interested in mums vegs and have to keep stopping them eating her greens/herbs.

Would they be ok nibbling on these in tiny quantaties? I am scared stiff that they become ill cos I love them to bits (even if they were a total surprise!) and will probably cry when the time comes for them to move out:(

I am spending soooo much time in front of their hutch making sure that they dont eat anything of mums that will harm them that my o/h has said that he is going to come back as rabbit so he gets some attention!:lol:

Many thanks in advance for any advice, as I am a total novice will litters!

Also when can I gets the kitts their vaccinations done?

Last edited:
Hi if mum had veg when she was pregnant the babies are perfectly fine have a nibble as they would of got some via her milk. When milly had her babies and they started to come out the nest they were nibbleing on her veg and they have had no ill effects from this they are now 16 weeks ad still growing big and strong :D

If i remember rightly the can have there myxi at 8 weeks and vhd at 12weeks

yep, they'll start nibbling slowly so it introduces it gradually naturally - you don't need to restrict their access. You'll need to start providing extra hay, pellets, veg etc soon as they'll be munching away in quantity :D

My baby foster bunnies did exactly the same :) As mum had greens it wasnt a problem ;) My the little ones can eat :shock: :lol:

They really have taken a liking to pak choi:lol: expensive tastes my bunnies have!

Really funny watching two of them sharing a carrot, it was like a bunny version of lady and the tramp:)

Thanks to you all for you invaluable advice.:D

Diane x

Back