PDA

View Full Version : Advice please



Indiechic
25-06-2008, 01:50 PM
As most of you know, i adopted Casper on monday evening. he and marsha have been living together since last monday, and came home monday to thier neutral hutch.

I have neutralised the run today... waiting for it to dry atm!

what it is, i have registered Casper at the vets and am waiting for his insurance quote.. but...

how long should I leave it before I take him to vets for Myxi? I don't want to unsettle them, but at the same time, i don't want him to get ill.

x :love:

Thea & Bobbin
25-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I have had Roo for over a month and she's going in for her Myxi on Friday. Ideally I should have done it sooner, but I wanted her to settle. Also she is a house bun so the risk is considerably lower. I think if they were outdoors I would have got it don't within days :)

It's not worth the risk hun :(

Bavarian Bunny
25-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Has he not had his Myxi at the rescue? Not sure where you adopted him from, but normally they have had all their vaccinations.
I would wait for about a week and see how things are going with your two. If they are best friends, I would take them both to the vets, and they should be fine.

Indiechic
25-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Has he not had his Myxi at the rescue? Not sure where you adopted him from, but normally they have had all their vaccinations.
I would wait for about a week and see how things are going with your two. If they are best friends, I would take them both to the vets, and they should be fine.

hes from BARC.

They seem very close, we have had a couple of humps from marsha, and loads of grooming. :love:

Thanks for your help.

Bavarian Bunny
25-06-2008, 01:58 PM
hes from BARC.

They seem very close, we have had a couple of humps from marsha, and loads of grooming. :love:

Thanks for your help.

Then I'd say take them early next week. :)

AnnaDelie
25-06-2008, 02:18 PM
I got both Kiki and Hiro done today (bless em) they've been here for a week, they both scrambled a bit although I didn't expect it from Kiki :lol:

Would get it done asap - both my buns were grooming themselves and happily hopping when I got them home - after such a fuss! x

Indiechic
25-06-2008, 02:20 PM
its not cus they're new to me, as ive had moo for over a year, its just the fact that they are newly bonded x

bunnymadhouse
25-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Has he not had his Myxi at the rescue? Not sure where you adopted him from, but normally they have had all their vaccinations.
I would wait for about a week and see how things are going with your two. If they are best friends, I would take them both to the vets, and they should be fine.


Csper was from us ...we do not vaccinate unless new owners request this and pay for it ...hence our lower adoption fee ...

we do however advise new owners to vaccinate as soon as poss .

bunnymadhouse
25-06-2008, 02:23 PM
As most of you know, i adopted Casper on monday evening. he and marsha have been living together since last monday, and came home monday to thier neutral hutch.

I have neutralised the run today... waiting for it to dry atm!

what it is, i have registered Casper at the vets and am waiting for his insurance quote.. but...

how long should I leave it before I take him to vets for Myxi? I don't want to unsettle them, but at the same time, i don't want him to get ill.

x :love:


if they are happy together and Csper seems settled id get it done as soon as you can ...he ll be fine ;)

Indiechic
25-06-2008, 02:28 PM
if they are happy together and Csper seems settled id get it done as soon as you can ...he ll be fine ;)

Thats cool... thanks angie.

Thumpedy thump from Casper :roll::lol: