• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Anybody Use a 6x2x2 double storey hutch - Fleet area

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all,

I am not actually selling this but I have information about a hutch that has been made available since my friend's bunnies have had to go back to their original rescue (their mum is now ill and can no longer cope). This was a decision taking with a very heavy heart - heartbreaking for her but she is sure that it's in the best interests of the buns involved.

She is needing to sell the hutch to raise funds for the rescue that has taken the buns back in.

She describes it like this:

"I have a 6ftx2ftx2ft double storey hutch for sale for around £80 (proceeds going towards xxxxx and xxxxx's care), if you hear of anyone wanting a hutch please bear me in mind. It's big and heavy so needs a transit van size vehicle to transport it. It's on ok condition, a few nibbles here and there but generally it's ok. It's covered in tarpaulin, has heating and the reflective insulation stuff (warm in winter, cool in summer) on the inside of the roof. All the modifications were done by my ex so not manufacturer quality but ok for bunnies!"

If you are interested, could you PM me and I'll put you in touch.

Helen :D

Have been sent a couple of photos for you guys.

Hutch002.jpg

JuliasHutch1.jpg

Hi:wave: I am sure this hutch was sold along time ago but if you here of any other hutches could you let me know. I am quite close to you (ascot) and i am looking for an extra hutch as i would like to foster. oh i've looked at your sheds you've done, they are fantastic!!:mrgreen:

Hi:wave: I am sure this hutch was sold along time ago but if you here of any other hutches could you let me know. I am quite close to you (ascot) and i am looking for an extra hutch as i would like to foster. oh i've looked at your sheds you've done, they are fantastic!!:mrgreen:

Hi there.

Yes sorry the lady ended up having to let it go for £50 on ebay as she listed it three times and it only had a bid on it the last time.:(

Dependent on what you are looking for, the RSPCA at Millbrook (Chobham) sell 6x2x2 flat pack TandG hutches for £95. I helped Luvabun build one a few weeks back and I think they are pretty good, especially for fostering.

Here's Jill's after she put bolts and a preservative on it. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=2742013#post2742013

But if I hear of anything in the second hand department, I'll let you know.:D

Yeah i thought it would of gone but thanks anyway!that other hutch looks really good. I'll have to see if they still do them at chobham.:)

Yeah i thought it would of gone but thanks anyway!that other hutch looks really good. I'll have to see if they still do them at chobham.:)

They hold stock there and have regular deliveries so you should have no trouble. If they don't have any in when you go (or phone) then they are normally happy to reserve them.:D

Back