• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Positive Vibes for little Darcy today - Spey Day.

hollyd123

Warren Scout
Hiya,

I took Darcy in for her spey today. I took a little packed lunch for her, lots of blankets etc. I've got to phone at 2pm to check how everything has gone. Hopefully collect her at around 4 or 5pm.

Positve and healing vibes please :)

I put her in a dog crate in the house last night to get her used to it as that is where she'll be staying for the next few days. I have a snugglesafe for her when she gets back. Anything else I need to do/know?

Many thanks!

- Holly -

Thank you for your kind thoughts, this waiting is horrible!! I felt so mean taking her in this morning, but I know its for the best long term. Roll on 2pm!!

SOAD - I just read about Sparkles op - I hope Darcy doesn't give me the same treatment - OUCH! Also, I maybe in touch in the not to distant future as I think your rescue centre is not too far from me and I'm hoping Darcy will be able to have a little friend if today goes okay. :)

Update - Op went well :)

Hi all!

Thank you all for your kind words. You have made the waiting time much more bearable!! :D Just had a call from the vets to say the operation went well, she's now up and about, :) and I can go and collect her at 4pm - I can't wait!! I just hope she can forgive me!!!

- Holly -

She's Home

Well, I brought her home about 45mins ago. She's quite subdued, as I thought she might be. She has had a gut stimulent which seems to be working as she's pooped lots already (I've never been so pleased to see poop!). She's not interested in food yet, but I'm sure her appetite will re appear later. She did have her nails clipped when she was under anaesthetic (sp?), and it bled a fair bit and started to bleed again on the way home. After applying a bit of pressure with some damp cotton wool, it seems to have stopped, but will keep an eye out. Poor baby :( Can't wait til shes all healed up and I can give her a big squeezy hug!!

Although Darcy was sort of a rescue bun (I took her on at eight months as she was about to be sent to a rescue centre, due to her being 'nasty'), this has taught me one thing, my next bunny will be one directly from a rescue that has already been neutered as I don't think my nerves could go through all this again!!

Thanks again for your kind messages :)

- Holly -

Awwwww great news that Darcy is home and already pooping !!

She is a beauty isnt she. She looks like my first ever Bunny

Janex :)

great news she is home and well and poohing, am pleased for you. dora is in on friday for hers, i am a bit concerned that when they clipped her nails they bled, that should not happen, when i clip mine for snowy its easy as can see the blood vessel and for dora(dark nails) i had to shine a torch under them, i have nicked doras before a tiny bit but only because she doesnt keep still i would have thought under the anestethic (sp) it woudl not have occoured. still good she home xx

great news she is home and well and poohing, am pleased for you. dora is in on friday for hers, i am a bit concerned that when they clipped her nails they bled, that should not happen, when i clip mine for snowy its easy as can see the blood vessel and for dora(dark nails) i had to shine a torch under them, i have nicked doras before a tiny bit but only because she doesnt keep still i would have thought under the anestethic (sp) it woudl not have occoured. still good she home xx

Yes, I wasn't best please about her poorly foot, it really upset me when I got her home - I did phone the vets to let them know about it and that I wasn't too happy.

The torch idea sounds good, I'll try that. I have four dogs, and cut all there nails when they need doing, however, I wussed out when it came to Darcy's but I'll definately be doing them myself from now on!

Back