• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pest Control

Kenno

Warren Scout
I have an infestation of earwigs in the rabbits run and hutch. Does anyone know of a way of irradicating them without harming the buns?
:?

earwigs are harmless to rabbits, they are vegetarian, however if you want rid of them, i wouldn't suggest you use anything chemical. you could just brush them out and rehome them in some undergrowth.
is it a mother and her young, earwigs are one of the few non social insects who look after their eggs and young. they tend to come out at night to scavenge on plants, some people fill a plant pot with scrunched up news papers to catch them when they have been eating their plants, so that may be worth a try.
sorry but i usually just brush them out, along with the spiders!;)

They've burrowed little holes everywhere, everytime I open something or lift something they just pour out! I can't stand earwigs and I've just been managing with them just like brushing them in to the grass and stuff but it was the last straw when they fell in my shoe this morning. I just want rid now. :cry:

I might try your plantpot idea though!

Back