• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bulk buying panacur

thanks u for that i was going to ask but i have a big hairy white cats tail in my face lol is it the one for puppies and kittens ???:oops:

Could you give me a link for that please Sooz? I want to dose the new bun and I'll do the others just incase :)

Thankies x

yep i know becks i went in as u know and stated how many buns i have 11 they gave me 2 tubes of pancur and said the following.
' yes u only need 2 tubes as it is one grad per 2.5kg bun and only one dose required i said thought u had to do it for so mnay days she looked at me and said 'as i said one doesage thats it until 4mths time so you will have plenty left in the tube for the next time?????????????????????????????????.

yep i know becks i went in as u know and stated how many buns i have 11 they gave me 2 tubes of pancur and said the following.
' yes u only need 2 tubes as it is one grad per 2.5kg bun and only one dose required i said thought u had to do it for so mnay days she looked at me and said 'as i said one doesage thats it until 4mths time so you will have plenty left in the tube for the next time?????????????????????????????????.

Just a one off dose? Clearly she knows nothing. Did yours come with a white prescription label stick on it that tells you how to dose them? Like human prescription drugs do.

The packaging on Panacur says something like 8 or 9 days. My Vet gave me one tube per rabbit which will be enough for that short period, but I am buying some more to do the 6 week treatment.

The short 'preventative' dose is 9 days and IMO every 4 months is too frequently in a rabbit that does not have a symptomatic infection. It could be counterproductive against natural immunity.

do rabbits prefer the liquid version to the paste does anyone know?

I'll let you know when the liquid arrives. I've tried the paste and lilly won't have any of it. I hollowed out her treats and put it inside and she really hates it, as soon as she tastes the paste she gives a little 'yuck' shake of her head and stops eating it :? . Roo however gulfs down the whole treat like a good girl :)

I'm going to try putting the liquid into a treat and see if that goes down better.

Back