• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It upsets me SO much seeing this

i know, i feel this as well as mine two are from shops but i was only 12 when i got them.. i didnt know about rescues that much.

it is sad but if you give your own bunnies very good homes i feel that at least some good comes out of the bad... ours are rescues,we have 4 house buns and i want to take everyone that i see but i know i cant ...i havent the time or the money to take in more..
have you thought about being a volunteer somewhere ?i find it makes you feel like you are helping them then....

Don't feel bad. There are people that come here regularly that wouldn't have a rescue and have gone to breeders or pet shops. As long as you're got the message feel good, it's those who remain ignorant that should feel bad, not you.

It is really sad. My OH said when we buy a house I can have all the bunnies I want, not sure he realizes how many that will be. :lol: My heart goes out to them all. I confess mine are shop bought bunnies, but I didn't realise there were any bunny rescues near bristol. I've recently learnt there are loads but they are not well advertised. In fact I only found them when googling bunny boarding.

It is really sad. My OH said when we buy a house I can have all the bunnies I want, not sure he realizes how many that will be. :lol: My heart goes out to them all. I confess mine are shop bought bunnies, but I didn't realise there were any bunny rescues near bristol. I've recently learnt there are loads but they are not well advertised. In fact I only found them when googling bunny boarding.

Wow - similar circumstances here.. I knew about RSPCA but that was it! There aren't any near me, I got my first bun at a garden/pet centre. Knowing what I know now I would definately adopt in future - there's a gorgeous black dwarf lop in P@H in Salisbury atm, saw her this morning - Ebony, I really wanted her :(

My OH has also said when we move out we should get more buns :lol: I don't think he realises that our house and garden will be "Bunny-land" x

Don't feel bad. There are people that come here regularly that wouldn't have a rescue and have gone to breeders or pet shops. As long as you're got the message feel good, it's those who remain ignorant that should feel bad, not you.

I was one of the ignorant when i first joined. I would have never thought a rescue would have rabbits. I now have three grabbits, two of which are rescue, and also volunteer at HAWT.

I completely agree... don't feel bad hun... you can't help them all. Just concentrate on helping the ones you've got!

Back