• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ryedale Triple Hutch

Piggiesgalore

Mama Doe
I've got my eye on a Ryedale 5' x 2' triple hutch in log lap :love: for use by visiting buns/piggies (who incidentally all get daily run time too). I have spent ages measuring and re-measuring the space available and I can't squeeze a 6' hutch in to the space I have available, hence the compromise of the multi layered hutch.

As these hutches are quite expensive, I would appreciate any comments/views on the Ryedale. You can get them in either 6mm or 9mm plywood, difference being £22.00 so was thinking of going for the thicker ply.

We have a couple of 6' x 2' Happy Hutches but from the info. on line and the photos the Ryedale appear to look as if they are probably better quality?

Any thoughts gratefully received. :)

I have the 6ft double whopper with run and had them make it 2ft high each level. Its lovely and great quality :love:

I have to be frank and say I'm very disappointed with my Ryedale Hutch, especially considering how much it cost and I've now taken the ramps from an old Sage House from P@H as my buns wouldn't go up or down as they were too narrow - I told Ryedale this when I bought the hutch and again after delivery and they basically said tough!

I know a few people who have Happy Hutches and seem very happy with them.

Sorry, but if it's for big buns think carefully otherwise just ensure you know a carpenter:lol:

P.S. took and emergency guinea pig in and it's now living on one level of a hutch as I've taken the ramp out:(

I have to be frank and say I'm very disappointed with my Ryedale Hutch, especially considering how much it cost and I've now taken the ramps from an old Sage House from P@H as my buns wouldn't go up or down as they were too narrow - I told Ryedale this when I bought the hutch and again after delivery and they basically said tough!
(

I had mine about 18 months ago and Im sure mine has a large ramp and opening. Perhaps they have changed the design ?

I made my own hutch out of 9mm plywood and have several sheets of 6mm around to provide shade.

I'd definately recommend the 9mm for the hutch, 6mm is too thin in my opinion and could be bitten through too easily.

Unless I am being mega thick (which is quite possible, it's been a long day :lol:) the Happy Hutch outdoor triple is only 4' long unless I opt for an indoor one (which is ok because it will be kept under cover) which is 5' long but only appears to be 18" deep.:(

I suppose it might be worth contacting Graham to see if he can make it 2' deep?

I love my ryedale hutches and they were very helpfull and took my special requests into consideration when making them.

i have both and cant decide i love ryedal but i also think happyhutch indoor is brilliant too and lots of height and width a little bigger i think than ryedale.But then i llike the look more of the ryedale.Good and bad in both

I have a Ryedale hutch and a Happyhutch and I just love my Ryedale one :) From the minute it arrived I actually stopped liking my Happyhutch because it is just so well made :lol:

I agree about the ramps though so maybe ask them if they can make them a bit bigget for you? x

Back