• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whats the diffrence.?

englishgirlie

Warren Scout
Calling all rabbit experts.!!!

Ok i have read a few posts today where people have gone to a pet shop brought a rabbit and been told its a certain breed..Buy it then the vet says no its another breed.

How do we tell certain breeds apart. I have a lion head i know what one of these is.

But what is the diffrence between a english and french lop.??
What is a lilac. These question might sound a bit dim to some of you..But to those who are new to rabbit.. Its good to know what we are looking at.

english lops have ears which lie on the floor yes their that long :shock: Frnch lops are larger then a normal lop with slightly longer ears.

i think whenyou read up on rabbits abit more you kind of learn automatically about the diffrent breeds etc. if you go onto the brc website they have all rabbit breeds on with pictures so you can learn that way.

plus some vets are wrong my vet had and still Crystal down as a dutch lop :shock: last i checked there was no such thing lol my animal care college teacher said that i was wrong about Crystals babies being Dwarf lops because they werent the size of a netherland dwarf lol

Back