• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg babies again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian

Warren Veteran
This morning my mum discovered that Winne AND Roo have had babies! 5 each, Roo's are all pink and Winnies are black! I may have a home for a couple already, but i don't know about the rest. My parents are annoyed and say ALL of them must go :( I know i'll get attached to them, i always do.
I can't believe my Hazel is a daddy :shock:

I would do some serious neutering & separating of the males from the females.

Rescues are full to bursting already:cry:

We had all our previous buns neutered, and Hattie is spayed. But now the vets prices are getting so bloody high :(

id watch out for genetic problems hun with Hazel being roo and winnies dad aswell theres obviously a higher risk of dental problems etc. with these new borns. i would probably save up and get all your boys neutered to prevent this from happening again.

We had all our previous buns neutered, and Hattie is spayed. But now the vets prices are getting so bloody high :(

Well, adding more buns isn't gonna help much. My free ad litter set me back a far amount getting them neutered/spayed or driving them to the Rescues kind enough to take them. Kendra also needed an op at 7 weeks old

This morning my mum discovered that Winne AND Roo have had babies! 5 each, Roo's are all pink and Winnies are black! I may have a home for a couple already, but i don't know about the rest. My parents are annoyed and say ALL of them must go :( I know i'll get attached to them, i always do.
I can't believe my Hazel is a daddy :shock:

if you cant afford to get them neutured, then surely yuw ould keep them apart? :?

Well, adding more buns isn't gonna help much. My free ad litter set me back a far amount getting them neutered/spayed or driving them to the Rescues kind enough to take them. Kendra also needed an op at 7 weeks old

This wasn't on purpose though, we keep our girls and boys in different sheds, but hazel dug out of his run one day last month :(

This wasn't on purpose though, we keep our girls and boys in different sheds, but hazel dug out of his run one day last month :(

Buns dig unfortunately. In that situation it might have been wise to get your 2 girlies spayed immediately.

Also, if a bun can dig out, a fox can dig in.

Hey, sorry this has happened, it's a large lesson in the responsibility of pet ownership it seems :(.

It really would be wise to save up to get the girls spayed anyway, because the likelihood of them getting uterine cancer is so high that you'll be saving yourself future vet bills.

i know this may sound selfish but when rehoming the babies why dont you charge for a small fee of £10 that should total up to £100 and will get 2 of your boys neutered to avoid future pregnancies.

i can only afford to keep 2 bunnies max thats why i foster, so i can give lots of love before handing them over to good homes,
lesson learnt i think im sure you feel bad at whats happened, would be worth considering the advise of selling your buns for a small fee so you can pay for the neutering just dont use it to make other preggers so you can sell to pay for more fees though, we may be sounding harsh but for those who are struggleing to find homes for unwanted bunnies you an understand some view points:?good luck though im sure you will work it out, we are still all here to give out advise when needed though :)

one of my boys, peanut, did dig out of his run last year and got in with Jelly, so i understand mistakes can happen. I think because he was unneutured and he could see jelly, he just wanted to get to her. However, after this happened he was neutured within a week, so i would recommend you do this to avoid it again, because once is a mistake, but if it happened twice then it isnt, because you would be aware of what would happen.

I agree with what louise has said actually, too many people take baby buns when they 'free to a good home' and while i dont think you will make much money considering you are going to need more supplies for these babies, i think if you say £10 for each bunny anything you do make should be spent on your existing bunnies to prevent this again.

also please homecheck for the babies x

There is a vet in Goodmays (sp) that will neuter the boys for £15 and the girls for £30. :)

Not that i know of but i will look into that. And i think what some of you said about charging a small fee and putting the money towards neutering/spaying is a great idea! My parents want to get rid of some of my adults buns too now, apparently we shouldnt have kept them anyway :( but we did try rehoming them when they were babies and didnt really get any interest, and we got so attached to them. I'd be heartbroken if the adults go to

Not that i know of but i will look into that. And i think what some of you said about charging a small fee and putting the money towards neutering/spaying is a great idea! My parents want to get rid of some of my adults buns too now, apparently we shouldnt have kept them anyway :( but we did try rehoming them when they were babies and didnt really get any interest, and we got so attached to them. I'd be heartbroken if the adults go to

as long as you show you can be responsible it shouldnt come to that, start looking for good homes early on. i dont know howold you are, but do you/could you get a part time job to help raise the cash?

The vets is called Animal ark, there is a thread about it on here somewhere.

http://www.animalarkvets.co.uk/opening hours.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back