• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where Do You Buy Your Pet Supplies???

ribbons

Mama Doe
Hi Folks...

Where do you buy your rabbit hutches... Cages... Shavings... Runs... Etc?

Anyone had a bargain?:)

ZooPlus always seems good but I now buy all my pet supplies at Batleys trade & I got an absolute cracking two tier quality hutch for £39.99 exc. vat.
It retails at well over £100.00 so was a good offer!

I am setting it up tonight so I bet my bunny will be very happy with his new housey!!!:D

I am going back up next week for a few more as they are really well built & it is a great size.

Oh where do you buy your bunnies & guineas veg???

I tend to buy it in Asda & sometimes get them the special offers too!

Hutches - My dad made...

runs - one from ebay, one from PAH and one is a pen that we got from Pets R Wright in Preston.

Food - PRW or Hay Experts

Hay - DFH & Local supplier for readigrass

Toys and Treats - Pampered Piggies, HE, PRW and occassionally PAH

Veg - Waitrose, MnS and Morrisons x

I had my hutches made as many of them you can buy are far too small. I think 6ft is the recommended length for 2 small - medium buns.

I get my food, hay and treats from the hay experts pampered piggies.

Tempted to get some dust free hay for Moo as she snuffles a lot.

Hutches: two of them were bought at a garden center, one is home made, the indoor cage was bought at a pet shop.

Runs: They're actually not rabbit runs at all... I got them at a store known as Biltema, they sell everything there. The runs themselves are for garden composts.

Shavings and food: bought at a farm store.

Hay: Up until recently I bought it at school, I couldn't dream of buying from a pet shop, bought from the farm store ONCE and one bag was even more expensive than a whole bale from school:shock: Not to mention it made me sick, I have an allergy:p

Toys: random pet shops

Vegetables: Any food store.

My hutches come from Ryedale, one other is from the happy hutch, the other 2 are similiar to the happy hutch but made from thicker wood.

Food comes direct from Oxbow

Hay from a local non livestock selling pet shop and a couple of other on line hay stores.

Toys from a variety of non livestock selling shops.

Newspapers collected on the bus coming home from work!

Indoor dog crate - ebay

Food - local farm shop

Hay and megazorb and toys. Mixture of Pampered Piggies, The Hay Experts, Ross Rabbits and sometimes the local garden centre or pet shop.

Vetbed - ebay

Hutches: Ebay.

I got two awesome indoor cages for my single male bunnies, both of them actually enjoy being in them! One was £10 and the other was about £30 and been a real bargain.

Food and stuff: Pets at Home :( I go for convenience and the postage costs for delivery just outweigh morals!

Veggies are bought alongside ours at Tesco.

Hutches come from work (PAH), ebay, 2 of mine were handmade years ago and still going!

Food - work

Toys - work

Shavings - um . . . work

Treats - work!

Hay - Local riding school, because I use so much and can buy a whole bale for £4.60

Veggies - Sainsburys or Morrisons. I dont like tesco or Asda!!

bunny food from hay experts , chippies food from jw titmuss, dogs food from tescos
megazorb from jw titmuss
news paper free from a bloke i work with :)
dog crate was from ebay, the pen was from pets@home
chippie cage, wood from local timber merchants, wire from mesh direct, wire staples etc from b&q

infact where i can all my shopping is from one online shop or another :)

Mainly the hay experts, SPH supplies and dust free hay co. for the bunnies.

Mainly zooplus for the cats.

hutches ryedale or happyhutch plus i had someone make one for me.
Runs happyhutch plus again one made for me
food :oops: pets at home
treats pampered piggies only natural pet supplies
toys pampered piggies only natural pet suplies and pets at home
hay pampered piggies dustfree hays norman
bedding only natural pet supplies and pampered piggies

Ocasionally ebay online shops but i tend to stick to two or three places really :D

Pampered piggies for most things toys, treat hay, hay racks and willow rings. My horse yard has great hay in and I pay £3.75 at the moment for a bale :) Food is from Hungry horse :)

hutch- happyhutch

run- ebay

pellets- pah

hay- perky pets

wood litter- pah

veg- sainsbury's, sometimes asda, and when ewe're on hols a shop called booths which sells fab veg - red russian kale anybun????

toys/treats- pah, perky pets, he

:wave:

Fence panels: zoo plus
Dog crate: ebay
Pellets & natural treats: P@H
Straw: P@H
Toys: various online stores
Hay: Dust Free Hay
Veg: Tesco

Back