• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best breed to get,???

englishgirlie

Warren Scout
Im thinking of getting another bun (not told patner yet Hehe)

We have a girl lion head already so what i want to ask is.

Will she get on with a male better or female, and what breed of rabbit is the most friendly and gentle or should i say dosile.

Blossom is due to be spayed in about 3 weeks i know i cant bond them just yet.

Hope you can help.x

Im thinking of getting another bun (not told patner yet Hehe)

We have a girl lion head already so what i want to ask is.

Will she get on with a male better or female, and what breed of rabbit is the most friendly and gentle or should i say dosile.

Blossom is due to be spayed in about 3 weeks i know i cant bond them just yet.

Hope you can help.x

Generally Females get on best with Males. Of course they both need to be neutred and you are doing the right thing there :)

Since the lionhead is a very small breed I would suggest another lionhead or any other dwarf breed.

Once your girl has had a suitable time to recover I'm sure your local rescue would be happy to help you find a suitable friend for her. It can be a bit hit or miss so you don't want to just go out and grab one.

normally the best pairing is neutured male with spayed female, i would suggest a breed of similar size but its not essential.

i would contact your local rescue and see who blossom likes the best! :lol:

Frenchie

From personal expierience i would say that the french lop is the most docile and friendly breed.
But every bunny is different and you would probably be looking for a smaller breed right?
I would say mini lop....
(Big fan of lops here!!)
Lol
xx :lol:

Agreed - I have my lionhead trio'ed with a Silver Fox & an English & there's no problems in my house - usually it's the lionhead causing them if there is!

Yep, same here :lol: Mine is boss of my group of 6. There has never been any doubt about that :shock::lol:

we had a lion head (spayed 2 yo female) and she bonded with a very timid blind neutered 2 yo dutch buck..
i would say that i agree that lion heads are quite ..."moody"???!!!
she was certainly the boss!!:lol:
we didnt have any issues bonding them they met and fell madly in love:love:
we were very lucky!
good luck with getting a new furry baby!

Back