• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French lop at pets at home

willowholly

Mama Doe
went to get B's monthly supplies yesterday at P@H.Noticed a huge hutch near the normal rabbit section,looked in it and there was this REW french lop.Never seen any giants here before.They wanted £80.Went and asked the assistant if it was a doe or buck.She looked sheepishly at me and said ''its a boy''and smiled.i said ''a buck then''.She said''oh i always get that the wrong way round''.How can you sell animals if you dont even know what a doe/buck means!!!Must admit though the hutch he was in was amazing.He was curled up in his huge litter tray.I had never seen the litter before so asked what it was.Bought a bag for B[will mix it in with her wood pellets to start with].Its called Bio catolet.Has anyone on here tried it?Assistant said it was hardened paper but on reading the bag its very difficult to see what it is made of.She let me feel it and it felt papery and the bag said it was environmentally friendly but it mentioned word chrystals and it worried me.Does say on packet its suitable for small animals.Anyway the bunny looked healthy and though the price was a little steep[i paid £60 for B]Im glad he was that dear so it stops impulse buying but it also worries me if people won spen that kind of money''just on a rabbit''then what becomes of the rabbit?Will hav o ask when go in shop next time.

french lop at P & H.

They had a Frenchie at my local P & H:cry:I commented on it to the girl at the counter as it,s the first time that i had seen one in there:cry:she said "is that really a french lop i thought that it was an English Lop":roll::? then she asked how i could tell the difference between the two breeds:roll::shock:
After trying to explain i gave up and left her to it:?

I visited our local pet shop yesterday to find an English Lop, a french lop and a giant:cry: They had a notice on the English lop - "needs an experienced bunny home", but what about the other two with no mention of accommodation.

If you do research, there are loads of french lops in rescues needing homes. I have just pointed the Milton Keynes RSPCA to here as they don't list their bunnies yet and they have five gorgeous french lops. This branch has no animal centre and all their bunnies are living with volunteer fosterers. Please support them if you are thinking of a french lop, or 3.:D

http://www.mkrspca.org.uk/Rehoming/RabbitRehoming/tabid/67/Default.aspx

I use biocatolet for my rats no problem. Only just got my bunnies but am going to put it in their litter tray as well.

If you do research, there are loads of french lops in rescues needing homes. I have just pointed the Milton Keynes RSPCA to here as they don't list their bunnies yet and they have five gorgeous french lops. This branch has no animal centre and all their bunnies are living with volunteer fosterers. Please support them if you are thinking of a french lop, or 3.:D

http://www.mkrspca.org.uk/Rehoming/RabbitRehoming/tabid/67/Default.aspx[/QUOTE]

Just looked at the website...those frenchies are gorgeous arent they?

I visited our local pet shop yesterday to find an English Lop, a french lop and a giant:cry: They had a notice on the English lop - "needs an experienced bunny home", but what about the other two with no mention of accommodation.

I dont wont another bun,i was just asking the sex so i could find out how much she knew about the breed.As having a frenchie myself i get abit protective when i see any others especially in pet shops!

Just looked at the website...those frenchies are gorgeous arent they?[/QUOTE]

oh yes,i particularly liked the chin butt.

Yes there seems to be loads of frenchies in rescue at the moment and gaints and when I was looking for one and had my name put down on loads of rescue lists they had none go figure.
So I got Bella now mopsey off here and she is a lop cross lion head I wanted to find her a friend and tried to do the right thing by rescuing 2 baby bunnies from a rescue near me but they really hurt her so sadly had to send them back as I couldn't keep them and get another to bond with mopsey {I might add I let them keep the adoption money as I felt really really guilty}. Then heard about some french bunnies near me and went held my breath and put mopsey down with one of the females and no fighting at all so took her home and they are still loved up :D

went to my local PAH for some supplies and they had a french lop for sale under the sign - house RABBIT FOR SALE!!!!

Went a bit crazy and started shouting in middle of PAH over how completely irresponsible and stupid they were advertising this bunny as a house rabbit. you could see from its accomodation that it had not been trained as a house bunny :censored::censored::censored:

got a few strange looks i can tell you :lol:

Back