• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pregnancy/Panacur/mites

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I picked up 2 buns last week & had the girlie booked in for an emergency spay on Friday. This was cancelled on Thursday, as she had made quite a large nest & was spending a lot of time in it. She has added to this & has basically filled the sleeping compartment of her hutch. I have had a dig about & I think this is a phantom as still no babies (She did give birth 9 weeks ago). Incidentally - she has used veg to line the nest too - has anyone else ever seen that? & can I remove that? I don't want her eating it.

Both buns have mites, & I have treated the boy with spot on & started him on panacur last week. I held off treatment of her until I knew whether she was pregnant or not. Am I ok to treat yet? Or should I hang on. She'll be rebooked for a spay as soon as I know this isn't "it" - I was going to leave it a week.

The boy is a lovely bun - he's into everything & will make someone a very nice bun after his neuter. The girlie is a tad nippy & quite timid - but that may be due to hormones.

I think panacur is ok for pregnant does - I had to give Roz panacur when her babies were only a couple of days old and asked the vets if it was safe for nursing does - they said it didn't say anything about pregnant or nursing does, so it'd be fine...

if i remember right panacur is fine ...but ivermectin for mites is a no no ...:?

i will check with Tracey when she gets in .

if i remember right panacur is fine ...but ivermectin for mites is a no no ...:?

i will check with Tracey when she gets in .

I thought the panacur was ok - but then I was unsure how to treat babies if there are any when they are born - so just held off.

I only have the tiny tubes left of spot on, so no instructions :oops: :roll:

Back