• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Ianto an English Spot rabbit?

I recently got a very cute rabbit after unfortunatley my previous rabbit passed away. Anywho- I decided to name him Ianto after a Torchwood character and here are some pictures of him:

PICT0531.jpg

PICT0530.jpg

He doesn't have all the markings a proper one has but is he a type of English Spot??

Awww! Ianto can't eat his greens for another couple of weeks because he's only a little bunny and greens will give him a bad stomach.

Love all your pets names by the way!

The thing is about spotted rabbits if you breed two rabbits with "perfect" markings you can get anything from total black buns to buns with hardly any spots at all, so being spotless doesn't have to mean he's not a spot:D

Though your rabbit may carry English, an English "pedigree" rabbit (Domino is one, and Sam a cross) would usually have a thick dorsal stripe down the back. They also have a black (or brown) butterfly nose, the "clown like" eyes, and a thorn mark (like a beauty spot) on their cheek.

Another rabbit which has the black markings around the eyes, but doesnt have the spots or stripe, is the Blanc de Hotot (a french breed - sorry I've been readinga rabbit book lately lol), so again it could be that your rabbit is a cross with this. However these rabbits don;t have black ears, buta gain it could come from teh other parent.

Last edited:
I would agree with Becks. Fluff, the rabbit in my avatar was a pure breed, but sold on to me (when I was 6!) because he wasnt show quality - his flank spots had merged.

So it looks like Ianto may be an English spot mix.

As you can see on my avatar i have an english spot that actually only has one spot and thats on his face...:D
When i chose Ollie i chose him because he was different to his brothers and sisters that looked 100% english spot...youre rabbit is gorgeous spot's or no spots :love:

Back