• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

keeping diff breeds together

getlaced

Alpha Buck
hi everyone......a but of advice and personal oppinions needed.....does anyone keep different breeds of rabbit together? all of my rabbits except one are lionheads, i have bee asked to take a mini lop by a girl in my street (someone told her i kept buns :roll: and that i would take it) and silly me cant resist her cute lil face! i wanted another bun to keep with the male im keeping from my litter, im just not sure they would be suited as there diff breeds? im guessing its been done many times but as iv never kept anything other that lionhead i dont know! any advice would be greatly appreciated, were going to get her spayed as soon as she can be done, shes apparantly 14 weeks old now, and my bun will be castrated as soon as its possible! i would be keeping her seperate untill they were both neutored and then introducing them on neutrl territory ie. a new enclosure.......what do you think?

I think they will be fine together.

Problems normally only arise if there is a big difference in size between the 2 bunnies

My bonded trio are a lionhead, silver fox and an english.

No problems in my house.

Rabbits only see other rabbits, not "colours" as we do.

I think you'll be fine, it all depends on their bunny personalities, not so much their breed. There was another post on here (sorry can't find the link) from someone who believes any bunnies can be bonded successfully..

Would introduce them in a neutral zone (where both buns haven't been before)

x

Back