• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Hawkbit please, he's in a bad way UD He's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Hawkbit, one of the blackpool buns is now at the vets having surgery.

I rushed him there as soon as I had permission to get him treatment as he was obviously in a lot of pain and cannot eat at all.

His molars are in a terrible state and he has pus coming out of his gums and a large abscess on the back of his tongue.

He is very high risk as he is in very poor condition, he is so thin as he hasn't been able to eat for sometime. Plus he was only castrated on Thursday.

Please wish him luck, he needs all the help he can get

Last edited:
Sending vibes for Hawkbit, I really hope he makes it Liz, if you need any help just give me a shout

Poor lad :cry:
I wonder why his teeth weren't done during the castrate.........:?

Janex

I know, I don't know how they could have missed it :?

His inscisors were over grown so they were clipped during castration but they obviously didn't check the back.

He was in so much pain, he was sat hunched up with his coat fluffed up and his eyes half shut. He was wet through with urine cos he was just sitting in the same place. It broke my heart, I'm so glad he is now getting the treatment he needs.

Poor Hawkbit :( Sending vibes for a speedy recovery and huge hugs for Liz who has ended up with rather more than she bargained for. :(

The vet neutered all nine buns that day on top of their normal workload and sadly his teeth got missed although he was sent with a dental inspection required note. :(

I feel that we have let him down (despite good intentions) and now Liz is picking up the pieces. There has been so much hope and goodwill surrounding these bunnies from everyone involved that it is heartbreaking for this to have happened. :(

Maria x

Poor Hawkbit :( Sending vibes for a speedy recovery and huge hugs for Liz who has ended up with rather more than she bargained for. :(

The vet neutered all nine buns that day on top of their normal workload and sadly his teeth got missed although he was sent with a dental inspection required note. :(

I feel that we have let him down (despite good intentions) and now Liz is picking up the pieces. There has been so much hope and goodwill surrounding these bunnies from everyone involved that it is heartbreaking for this to have happened. :(

Maria x

Don't worry about me, It can't be helped its just one of those things. ( I just wish I had 2 hands working, hospital says I have to have an MRI scan :roll: )

All the other bunnies seemed happy and healthy and I'm glad I was able to do my part to help them get a forever home.

My only concern now is that Hawkbit can be successfully treated so he is no longer in pain. I thought I would of heard something by now as they were going to operate straight away, but I know Jen will do her very best for him.

Maria x

You most certainly haven't let anyBun down :)
Mistakes happen and if the Vet was very busy then the request for a Dental check may have accidently gotten overlooked. I am sure the Vet would be upset were he/she to know that Hawkbits teeth were missed.
No-one's perfect and mistakes happen

Janex

Sending massive vibes for Hawkbit and well done to all concerned helping all the Blackpool buns, your all marvellous people:thumb:

Back