PDA

View Full Version : Vibes for Hawkbit please, he's in a bad way UD He's gone

Hugo's There
23-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Hawkbit, one of the blackpool buns is now at the vets having surgery.

I rushed him there as soon as I had permission to get him treatment as he was obviously in a lot of pain and cannot eat at all.

His molars are in a terrible state and he has pus coming out of his gums and a large abscess on the back of his tongue.

He is very high risk as he is in very poor condition, he is so thin as he hasn't been able to eat for sometime. Plus he was only castrated on Thursday.

Please wish him luck, he needs all the help he can get

SOAD
23-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Sending vibes. XXXXX

Kirsty&Lola
23-06-2008, 01:00 PM
oh no. sending loads of vibes for the poor little man. get better soon x

gemmam
23-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Pooy boy :(

Emm-Jane76
23-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Sending get well vibes for Hawkbit x

toadflaxbex
23-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Sending {{{vibes}}}

Sooz
23-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Sending (((vibes))) for little Hawkbit :cry:

Snowy
23-06-2008, 01:17 PM
Sending vibes for Hawkbit, I really hope he makes it Liz, if you need any help just give me a shout

Vanessa.B
23-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Poor bunster, he's been through so much.

Sending loads of vibes xx

Jack's-Jane
23-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Poor lad :cry:
I wonder why his teeth weren't done during the castrate.........:?

Janex

Steph
23-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Sending lots of vibes xx

Hugo's There
23-06-2008, 02:05 PM
I wonder why his teeth weren't done during the castrate.........:?

Janex

I know, I don't know how they could have missed it :?

His inscisors were over grown so they were clipped during castration but they obviously didn't check the back.

He was in so much pain, he was sat hunched up with his coat fluffed up and his eyes half shut. He was wet through with urine cos he was just sitting in the same place. It broke my heart, I'm so glad he is now getting the treatment he needs.

Neil-and-Maria
23-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Poor Hawkbit :( Sending vibes for a speedy recovery and huge hugs for Liz who has ended up with rather more than she bargained for. :(

The vet neutered all nine buns that day on top of their normal workload and sadly his teeth got missed although he was sent with a dental inspection required note. :(

I feel that we have let him down (despite good intentions) and now Liz is picking up the pieces. There has been so much hope and goodwill surrounding these bunnies from everyone involved that it is heartbreaking for this to have happened. :(

Maria x

bunbuns
23-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Poor boy :cry:

Sending tonnes of vibes xxx

Hugo's There
23-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Poor Hawkbit :( Sending vibes for a speedy recovery and huge hugs for Liz who has ended up with rather more than she bargained for. :(

The vet neutered all nine buns that day on top of their normal workload and sadly his teeth got missed although he was sent with a dental inspection required note. :(

I feel that we have let him down (despite good intentions) and now Liz is picking up the pieces. There has been so much hope and goodwill surrounding these bunnies from everyone involved that it is heartbreaking for this to have happened. :(

Maria x

Don't worry about me, It can't be helped its just one of those things. ( I just wish I had 2 hands working, hospital says I have to have an MRI scan :roll: )

All the other bunnies seemed happy and healthy and I'm glad I was able to do my part to help them get a forever home.

My only concern now is that Hawkbit can be successfully treated so he is no longer in pain. I thought I would of heard something by now as they were going to operate straight away, but I know Jen will do her very best for him.

Oompa-Loompa
23-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Sending vibes his way! Hope he'll be fine!

Jack's-Jane
23-06-2008, 02:57 PM

Maria x

You most certainly haven't let anyBun down :)
Mistakes happen and if the Vet was very busy then the request for a Dental check may have accidently gotten overlooked. I am sure the Vet would be upset were he/she to know that Hawkbits teeth were missed.
No-one's perfect and mistakes happen

Janex

Pipstrel
23-06-2008, 03:04 PM
oh no poor Hawkbit, lots of Vibes coming his way

helen x

billysmom
23-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Sending massive vibes for Hawkbit and well done to all concerned helping all the Blackpool buns, your all marvellous people:thumb:

Fluffy_Whabbit
23-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Sending loads of vibes!

GemmaH
23-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Lots of vibes from us to Hawkbit.

March Hare
23-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Sending tons and tons and TONS of vibes to poor Hawkbit. :cry: :cry: That sounds SO incredibly painful. I hope they manage to get hom sorted out so that he can start eating and feeling better. :cry: xxxxx

(((((((((( VIBES ))))))))))

Hugo's There
23-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Hawkbit is a real fighter, he has made it through the GA and is already trying to eat on his own, he is such a star :love:

Jen removed as many molar spurs as she could and drained the abscess on his tongue and removed as much pus as possible from his mouth. The grass he had tried to eat earlier had to be removed from around his tongue as it had got caught up.

He may need a further dental as his tongue was so swollen they could not see everything clearly.:(

He is back for a check up on Friday morning.

areia
23-06-2008, 05:01 PM
awwwwwwwwww bless him nothing is worse than dental pain, lots of hugs and fusses :love: get well sooooon

Neil-and-Maria
23-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm so glad he pulled through, I was dreading your call. :oops:

He is such a fighter but I can already see a bunny with a fabulous forever home!! ;)

Sending loads of vibes to you both.

Maria x

Hugo's There
23-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm so glad he pulled through, I was dreading your call. :oops:

He is such a fighter but I can already see a bunny with a fabulous forever home!! ;)

Sending loads of vibes to you both.

Maria x

I'm not sure what you mean ;);):lol:

Neil-and-Maria
23-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Sure you don't! ;) :lol::lol:

Maria x

Bunnyaddict
23-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Awww bless him - sending loads of vibes & bunny hugs for Hawkbit - get better soon xx

Steph
23-06-2008, 05:51 PM
So pleased he came through, sending more vibes xxx

March Hare
23-06-2008, 05:56 PM
That is SUCH fantabulous news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Alright, Liz.......................CONFESS !!!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack's-Jane
23-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Hawkbit is a real fighter, he has made it through the GA and is already trying to eat on his own, he is such a star :love:

Jen removed as many molar spurs as she could and drained the abscess on his tongue and removed as much pus as possible from his mouth. The grass he had tried to eat earlier had to be removed from around his tongue as it had got caught up.

He may need a further dental as his tongue was so swollen they could not see everything clearly.:(

Brilliant news Liz !!

Tons more vibes for Hawkbit

Janex

Jayney
23-06-2008, 06:32 PM
yay so glad he made it through the ga

sending loads of vibes his way

SOAD
23-06-2008, 06:37 PM
This is great :D

Snowy
23-06-2008, 06:38 PM

Well done! that is such good news, really pleased that he is Ok and with your care he will be fine.

raine
23-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Great news he is doing well. Well done everyone.

Vanessa.B
24-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Hoping Hawkbit is still doing well this morning.

It does sound like he needs an extra special forever home ;)

Siona
24-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Im glad he's doing well :)

Fairy13
24-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Aw only just read this all through. I'm so glad Hawkbit has made it through the dental. What a brave bunny. I'm thinking maybe he's found his guardian angel in you Liz! ;) :lol:

Hugo's There
24-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately Hawkbit hasn't eaten or poo'd overnight, looks like I will have to start syringe feeding :( I know he is going to find it really stressful. At least he is still drinking well

Snowy
24-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Good luck Liz, tons of vibes coming your way for this little man

Neil-and-Maria
24-06-2008, 09:53 AM
On no, hopefully he will pick up with a little encouragement.
Good Luck

Maria x

Hugo's There
24-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I must admit I am very worried today, he has no life in his eyes :( I think the stress of the journey and GAs are taking there toll. He has had a couple of mls of very watery food. He is finding it so hard to swallow. I will keep trying regularly through the day

Neil-and-Maria
24-06-2008, 11:00 AM
We all know you are doing everything you can. Despite everything he is probably having the best few days of his life with your care and attention.

Try not to worry - theres only so much you can do - he needs to do the rest

Sending vibes for you both.

Maria x

Jack's-Jane
24-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I must admit I am very worried today, he has no life in his eyes :( I think the stress of the journey and GAs are taking there toll. He has had a couple of mls of very watery food. He is finding it so hard to swallow. I will keep trying regularly through the day

Liz can you give sub-cut fluids? I have seen Buns turned right around with either sub-cut or IV Hartmanns
The poor wee lad has really been through so much :cry:
I know you will do everything possible for Hawkbit.

Janex

Hugo's There
24-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Liz can you give sub-cut fluids? I have seen Buns turned right around with either sub-cut or IV Hartmanns
The poor wee lad has really been through so much :cry:
I know you will do everything possible for Hawkbit.

Janex

I have never done it before, but could ask. He is drinking plenty and there are probiotics in the water

Jack's-Jane
24-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I have never done it before, but could ask. He is drinking plenty and there are probiotics in the water

Sometimes the electrolytes in the Hartmanns are what makes the difference I think :?
I know when I nearly lost Bobbie ( Pneumonia/Enteritis ) fluid therapy really did make a huge difference.

Janex

Hugo's There
24-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I have had a a long chat to Jen and she feels we are doing all we can for him. Though I am going to give him zantac to prevent stomach ulcers.

Unfortunately Jen has said if there is no improvemnt in 24 hours we need to PTS :cry: I know this not a decision she would make lightly as she has dutch bunnies of her own

Vanessa.B
24-06-2008, 12:36 PM
C'mon Hawkbit. Don't give up, little man. There is a happy home waiting for you.

Sending loads of vibes xx

Snowy
24-06-2008, 12:46 PM
I have had a a long chat to Jen and she feels we are doing all we can for him. Though I am going to give him zantac to prevent stomach ulcers.

Unfortunately Jen has said if there is no improvemnt in 24 hours we need to PTS :cry: I know this not a decision she would make lightly as she has dutch bunnies of her own

Oh no!, I really hope he can pull through, he has been through so much, sending all the good luck vibes possible Liz

Rachelk
24-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Come on Hawkbit! With that lovely name you have to hang in there!

Neil-and-Maria
24-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Is he still wanting your company or are you still trapped in the sunny garden?

Maria x

Hugo's There
24-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I've brought back in now as was worried he was getting a bit hot.

He is still drinking for himself and I have tried dandelion, lettuce, grated carrot, shredded greens, broccoli and porridge plus 2 different pellets, but he just isn't interested :(

Some syringe food is going in but the rest just drips from his chin. I think he is having so much trouble swallowing that he can't be bothered to try anymore

Jack's-Jane
24-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I've brought back in now as was worried he was getting a bit hot.

He is still drinking for himself and I have tried dandelion, lettuce, grated carrot, shredded greens, broccoli and porridge plus 2 different pellets, but he just isn't interested :(

Some syringe food is going in but the rest just drips from his chin. I think he is having so much trouble swallowing that he can't be bothered to try anymore

Is he just on Metacam for analgesia ?

Could he be tube fed ( naso-gastric tube ) at the Vets til his abscessated tongue heals ?

Janex

The Duchess
24-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh my gosh. I have only just caught up on this thread.

Come on wee fella. Don't give up now!

Sending loads of positive thoughts your way.

Helen x

Neil-and-Maria
24-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Have just spoken to Liz again and all options are being considered by her vet. The PTS option is not being discussed as we want to give him every chance at life and he doesn't appear in pain - just tired.

Sending more vibes to the little chap and also to Liz.

Maria x

SOAD
24-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww lots of more vibes. XXXXX

FriskyClover
24-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Lots of vibes.

FC xx

Steph
24-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Sending more vibes :)

March Hare
24-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Sending LOADS more vibes to Hawkbit. Come on little man, you can do it!!!!! xxxxx Hugs to you, Liz. x

(((((((((( VIBES ))))))))))

bunlover
24-06-2008, 07:44 PM
big bunny vibes snowy sends licks...dora has dug a nice dirty tunnel in your honer and chelsea and sooty are sending thier regards.... we all want you better! xx

Rachelk
24-06-2008, 07:46 PM
and Eve and Scruffy are willing to share their new run and hidey home...and even their favourite oat hay!:D:D:D

JellyBelly
24-06-2008, 07:56 PM
My Bertie boy offers his fave beetroot treats...

C'mon Hawkbit x

Hugo's There
24-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Thank you everyone and everybun for all your kind words :cry:

bunny babe
24-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Awwww, I hope Hawkbit pulls through this OK. Sending lots of vibes to the brave boy.

Hugo's There
25-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Hawkbit passed away early this morning. He had acually started to eat a bit on his own in the night, I refilled his hotwater bottle at 5.30am and he was still with us then. He passed away within the next couple hours, I am gutted

:cry::cry::cry:

Jack's-Jane
25-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Hawkbit passed away early this morning. He had acually started to eat a bit on his own in the night, I refilled his hotwater bottle at 5.30am and he was still with us then. He passed away within the next couple hours, I am gutted

:cry::cry::cry:

I am so very sorry Liz :cry: You did all you could for him and probably the most important thing was the love and care you gave him during his final days.

I suspect the infection in his mouth overwhelmed his already frail body

:cry::cry:

Janex

biscuitblossom
25-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Poor little man...so sorry....hes pain free now.x

The Duchess
25-06-2008, 10:15 AM
I am so sorry.

Bless him.

Hugs for you all.

raine
25-06-2008, 10:32 AM
I am so sorry to read this. You did everything to give him a fighting chance Liz. Thinking of youxx

Fairy13
25-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh Liz! I'm so sorry x :cry:

Sooz
25-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Im so sorry to hear this. Well done for taking such good care of him in his final days.

Binky Free Hawkbit x

SOAD
25-06-2008, 10:42 AM
OMG I just saw that he's gone, I am so very sorry :cry::cry:

rachelsawyer
25-06-2008, 10:45 AM
So sorry, binky free. x

CarmenCole
25-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Poor guy - he went through so much:cry:. Atleast you gave him a happy ending. *hugs*

Indiechic
25-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Im so sorry to hear this. sleep tight wee man x

hooleyslops
25-06-2008, 10:48 AM
so sorry to hear this. x :cry:

Neil-and-Maria
25-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Binky free little man.

So sorry Liz, but remember he had more love and care from you than he has ever had in his life. Thank you for looking after him and so sorry that you are going through this.

Maria x

karen354
25-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm so sorry :cry:
Binky free Hawkbit :cry:

March Hare
25-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I am SO sorry to hear that Hawkbit did not make it, Liz. :cry: :cry: But thanks to your loving care, his last days were spent surrounded by love and SO much more comfortable than he would have been otherwise. You did everything that you possibly could for him, and I am sure that he knew it. ::hugs::

Binky free forever at the Bridge, dear Hawkbit. xxxxx :cry: :cry:

Steph
25-06-2008, 12:44 PM
So very sorry Liz :cry: :cry: He knew love and care with you and you did all you could. Binky free Hawkbit. Sending hugs to you all xx

Piggiesgalore
25-06-2008, 01:29 PM
So very sorry to read about Hawkbit. As everyone has already said, at least he knew love and had a comfortable home for the time he was with you. Sending best wishes, run free little bun.

billysmom
25-06-2008, 01:43 PM
:cry: So sorry you tried so hard for him and gave him so much care and love in the days he spent with you, Take care, binky free Hawkbit xxxxxx

CottonMather
25-06-2008, 01:48 PM
so sorry to hear this :cry:

Vanessa.B
25-06-2008, 03:29 PM
I am so sorry Liz. What sad news.

I am glad that Hawkbit spent his last few days with someone who truly cared. I am sure he knew this. Binky free little man xx

honeybunny
25-06-2008, 04:24 PM
So sorry to hear this news:cry:

bunny babe
28-06-2008, 10:56 AM
I have only just read this. I am so sorry Hawkbit never made it. He spent the best days of his life with someone who loved him.

jessiebuns
28-06-2008, 12:54 PM
I am so sorry:( Binky free Hawkbitxx

Juliaxx