• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it normal for a whisker to fall out?

nic-nac89

Young Bun
I've never known this to happen but one came out while I was petting Speckle earlier. He didn't seem bothered or even to have noticed actually but just wondered if it's normal?
Nic x

They must have to replace them now and then as they get tatty otherwise. I think it's like hairs they just fall out now and then and grow a new one.

I found one of Bobbin's on the carpet once, it was so coarse and long I had no idea what it was and was looking at it for ages, then I twigged :oops: :lol:

I figured it was normal, as Tamsin says, and they just lose them and replace them like any hair :)

:lol: I did the same...thought it was a really long, thick hair at first then realised he didn't have any others like that!
Yeah thought they'd probably get old and fall out at some point but thought i'd just check anyway :)

I know my cat's ones fall out from time to time, they are really weird and thick. I think we just notice it more because they are different.

Back