• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible Stasis - Vibes for Riley please? Update: He's Fine :-)

CazScho

Mama Doe
I've just been to the vets with Harriet and Riley as Riley has been acting oddly this afternoon/evening.
He was fine this morning aprt from one odd looking stretch in the run which made me think hmmm, but he was eating grass and hay and was very bright. Then late afternoon he was stretching a bit and I thought he was just trying to find a nice cool bit on the concrete. By evening he was stretching a LOT and only had a mouthful or two of veg when I put it down and went and sat out of the way. I tried to tempt him with some dandelion leaves and grass but he wouldn't touch a thing and was all quiet and sad looking. I picked him up and felt his tummy which was soft but I couldn't hear it making noises and then I found some REALLY miniscule black poos.
I got an emergency appointment at vets and vet said his tummy was larger than normal and very quiet but quite soft and liquidy. He had a gut stimulant injection and then I brought him home. I'm still quite worried about him and I'm trying to get him to move about a bit as he's just sitting in the litter tray not moving around.
I knew he wasn't right at the vets when he put his paws on my chest and looked like he wanted me to pick him up as he normally can't be bothered with me at all :roll:

Please send vibes for Riley to get things moving again :( :( :( :( :(

Last edited:
OMG Caroline. I am sending loads of positive thoughts your way.

If you need anything this evening apart from meds of course, then please let me know. If you need a heat pad or whatever, please get in touch and I'll come straight up.

Has he been drinking OK? Can you get some luke warm fluid into him with a syringe?

I am sure that the vets will have told you what to do if he doesn't improve quickly but I'm here if you need me.

I'll PM you my phone number.

Helen x

I've just tried the warm water, I'm glad it was warm as I've never syringed before and a certain amount soaked nicely into my leg before any actually went in him! He seemed suitably disturbed by the whole experience and went downstairs to sulk which I suppose is positive. Do you think i should warm the snugglesafe up and put it by him for the night?

He only got the one injection which was the stimulant, so no I guess no pain relief. God I feel awful, I should have asked.

oh hun how scary for you. sending lots of vibes looks like a long night ahead of syringe feeding water :(

Hurray!
I knew he was feeling a bit better when he objected strongly to the syringe! He got a bit livelier as the night went on and at 2.30 he ate a dandelion leaf :D

This morning he looks like nothings happened, desperate for his pellets as normal and hopping around like a good un too. I just need to find out who's poo is whose this morning and then we should be away!

Thank God!!!

Aww, well done for getting him to the vets quickly and playing nurse - I'm glad he's doing well :)

Hurray!
I knew he was feeling a bit better when he objected strongly to the syringe! He got a bit livelier as the night went on and at 2.30 he ate a dandelion leaf :D

This morning he looks like nothings happened, desperate for his pellets as normal and hopping around like a good un too. I just need to find out who's poo is whose this morning and then we should be away!

Thank God!!!

Great news!! :D
These Bunnies know how to make us :shock: :shock:

Janex

Phew.

Methinks he's testing out how good his new bunny mummy is. Bet he thinks you've passed with flying colours.

So pleased that he's better.

Well done you for taking such swift action.:D

H x

Thank you so much everyone for the advice and support :D :D If it wasn't for this place I'd never have known what to do or what to look for.

Had a bit of paranoia today, he's due at vets this afternoon to check him over, but I was sat at work wondering all sorts :shock:, anyway I came home for an impromptu afternoon off and he still looks okay and is still eating, be glad when vet says he 100% though all the same

Thanks again everyone, I really mean that.

Back