• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do rabbits sleep for?

Hey, was just wondering how many hours rabbits sleep for in a day as Buddabun's Brian sleeps so much! the others sleep a fair bit to but not as much as Buddabun's Brian. :D

I've never ever seen Toffee sleep, he just closes his eyes and looks dopey.. never caught him asleep though.

i have actually wondered this, i was told guiena pigs only really sleep for ten odd mins at a time due to there constant watch for danger in the wild, ive seen mine dozing, eyes closed one ear up but never for really long, he will sit and chill with me for ages and dozed while being stroked, is this the same for rabbits too?

I've only seen Boris sleep once and that was in the middle of the day. It scared the sh*t out of me at first because he was laying down motionless and I was almost certain he had died,stupid me lol,I just panicked and began to poke him,and then he woke up lol.

I've never seen Maggie sleeping - she hears me open the back door and wakes up I think. But I have caught Nicholas having a quick nap.

Hunny and Mustard flop out on the roof of their hutch all the time! you can climb in and sneak right up to Mustard, then he suddenly pops his head up, yawns, stretches and looks at ya all like "Me? Nah, was resting my eyelids really!"

Carmen

Berts sleeps from 12.30 ish to 4.30 ish, every day. He may get up to munch or wee, but goes back to Coma bunny afterwards!

I do haveto sleep in his room sometimes (OH snoring, for example :roll:) and he will sleep all night through, wakes up with the sun and jumps on my head :lol:

Back