• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

think their bond could break

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
Crystal and Misty have been bonded for ages both are neutered and cant see my other 2 rabbits as they are both at diffrent ends of the garden well for the last 2 days Mistys gone crazy hes constantly humping Crystal (he hasnt done this since the bonding) and today Crystal got a little annoyed and lunged at him luckily a fight didnt break loose but just because theydidnt fight this time doesnt mean they wont :( any reason why Mistys humping Crystal all of a sudden i know it can bea dominance thing but surely this wouldhave been sorted already especially since there hasnt beenany humping for months and months.

just to add they dont have a i love you relationship its more of a put up with eachother one is it possible they could be getting annoyed with each other? also Crystals been ill what with dentals and infections could Misty sense that she is now weaker then what she was so is taking the opportunity to say im boss now?

has anything changed for them recently hun? just before alvin an pearl went to boarding they seemed ok... every now and then pearl would do humping but alvin always put her back in her place... since theyve come back from boarding alvin has gone humping crazy and poor pearl just moves away from him :evil: but he only does it when im about (ive spied thro the crack in the door a few times and all was snuggly) just like when they were first home from bonding. i can only think the change has unsettled the balance and alvin is re-asserting his manhood.

nothings changed hun they both share a 6ftx4ftx2ft happy hutch combo and have free range of the garden at least 5 days a week the only thing thats changed is Crystal she used to be quite bubbly shes now sad and ill so shes changed in herself im just scared incase misty has picked up the fact shes weaker now so being abit of a bully i know cats can pick up on illness in other cats and will attack them so im quite scared :(

a week ago though when i had Misty and Crystal out in the garden free range i had Lilli-Mai and Binky in the run the door on the side of the run opened so the 4 rabbits were out together Misty and Lilli got into a massive fight i dont know if that has anything to do with it?

sorry Crystal - I don't really have an answer for you. I suppose what you're thinking is a posibility but I'm not sure what you could do about them - could you bring them inside so you can keep an eye on them?
Maybe they will just settle down? Fingers crossed:)

could be they see the other buns hun. alvins view had to be blocked off cus he kept chasing pearl when they was at hopper haven. could be the illness too. but from what i can tell humping and chasing then snuggling up together is pretty normal. unless they fight really bad try not to worry about the bond, they know what they are doing even if we dont understand the language :D

are they still grooming each other? thats how i tell my two are still loved up.

they never cuddle up like i said they dont have a i loveyou relationship at all theyjust put up with each other they deffs cant see the other rabbits because i have a hutch under the window and then another hutch around the corner of the shed maybe he'll calmdown im just worried that Crystal will attack because she has such a short temper she actually beat up her own son at 12 weeks old because his homones had kicked in and he tried to hump her :shock:

oh dear. id be worried about bullying if they wasnt loved up, theyd probably be happier seperated :(

Crystal would probably be happier single but Misty would just get depressed again and i deffinatly cant afford another rabbit and he proved last week that he wont get on with Lilli-Mai and Binky so im in a pickle if i separated them id be forced to rehome Misty just so he could have a friend :(

could be spring fever, i know its nearly summer now but alot of buns go thru the phase!

try going to them first, and your other pair second, as they may be picking up on the scent from the other pair x

could be spring fever, i know its nearly summer now but alot of buns go thru the phase!

try going to them first, and your other pair second, as they may be picking up on the scent from the other pair x

thats could be a possibility ialwaysgoto Binky and Lilli first as their hutch is closer will trygoing to Crystal and Misty first seeif that helps.

thats could be a possibility ialwaysgoto Binky and Lilli first as their hutch is closer will trygoing to Crystal and Misty first seeif that helps.

could be it bcus mine buns arent bothered by each other at all, but domino gets bothered by me going to boarding buns ( so 'new' buns) before him!

Back