• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pets at home

sa28

Young Bun
hey guys i brought my bunny rabbit from pets at home about 10weeks ago i took him to vets last week and ive found out he his a giant rabbit when he was suppose to be a dwarf how classic is that ive got jack russell and so my vet says they can get the size of a dog

Yes sorry to say they can get as big as a dog but they have such loving temperments. I love the bigger rabbit myself. I have a french lop called flopsey who is 15 weeks old so she has some growinng to do yet too.
Can we see a pic of your baby?

hey guys i brought my bunny rabbit from pets at home about 10weeks ago i took him to vets last week and ive found out he his a giant rabbit when he was suppose to be a dwarf how classic is that ive got jack russell and so my vet says they can get the size of a dog

Hmmmm.....you do need to let the store know of their error. I'd be interested to see how that screw up happened. Is he an indoor or outdoor rabbit? Obviously this has repercussions on the size of his home.

this is him at 10 weeks
i have informed pets at home and they gave me 50.00 towards a new hutch
r560911e9b2.jpg

this is him at 10 weeks
i have informed pets at home and they gave me 50.00 towards a new hutch
r560911e9b2.jpg

Well, have a look round this site as there are some fabulous ideas for indoor rabbit homes, including dog crates etc. He's a sweetie by the way :)

OMG, they sold a rabbit into that hutch :shock::shock::shock: No, I take it back, I shouldn't be shocked should I.

Just out of curiosity - if you don't mind me asking.

Since you bought him as a dwarf can I assume you only paid the regular £30 or so; rather than the £130 that a giant goes for?

Aww look at those ears to cute:love::love::love:
Heres some pics of where I keep my french lop Flopsey and her friend Mopsey who is a lop cross lion head.
7112007253.jpg

7112007254.jpg

hes loverly i didnt know that giants come in that colour, ok reading first post i thought it was a giant, but some are saying a lop, looks like a lop to me, but im still learning breeds, im a dutch lover me so, what is he? :?

Last edited:
Sorry, missed the point!

Sometimes people who have a free range rabbit will have a little hutch as a hidey hole, as opposed to it being used as an actual hutch. That's my point and I wasn't suggesting that it's a suitable size to be used as a hutch for any lop rabbit, because it obviously isn't.

yes this is the hutch they sold me i have at to buy a bigger one and he will be an indoor rabbit and yes i did pay 30.00 for him

Did they know you were keeping him as a house rabbit or did they just give you that tiny hutch anyway?:shock:

Hes gorgeous btw!:D

i know he is a lop but my vet says he will grow a very big rabbit as he believes his a cross with an english and french even pets at home said to me they believe the rabbit as been mixed up with a dwarf one. i cant believ them to be honest how can they get rabbits mixed up

they didnt know as i was going to put him outside and we had a really bad weather so i brought him and decided to keep him inside after that thats why i at to let him run around like i did in the pic because he didnt have enough room

You can tell by the size of his ears he is going to be a big bunny as he has yet to grow into them. Even dwarf lops aren't that 'dwarf' anyway so they shouldn't have hinted he was going to be a small rabbit.:roll:

they didnt know as i was going to put him outside and we had a really bad weather so i brought him and decided to keep him inside after that thats why i at to let him run around like i did in the pic because he didnt have enough room

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Thats horrendous, how many other not so small rabbits have they mixed up and sold with tiny prisons, gah! *explodes*

i know he is a lop but my vet says he will grow a very big rabbit as he believes his a cross with an english and french even pets at home said to me they believe the rabbit as been mixed up with a dwarf one. i cant believ them to be honest how can they get rabbits mixed up

Well, the rabbits will have come in together from the breeder. Dwarf Lops can be quite a size when fully grown. Just because they're called dwarf, they don't stay small.

Back