• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

18 Savoy Cabbages !!

Steph

Warren Veteran
:shock: :shock: My mum lives in a little village and the local nursery/greengrocer said he would save us all the veggies :) I ring in the week and they let me know if Saturday or Sunday would be best to collect. Well the little Sunday lad came out to me with a garden centre trolley full of veggies :shock: 18 savoy cabbages, spring greens and a few sweet heart cabbages :lol: I have given 6 away to local people in my road with bunnies and still have lots :lol: They wont be wasted though :love: :love: People are great around here :)

It's lovely when there's still community spirit around :). My buns have some spring greens courtesy of someone on here whose Mum appeared with too many for her buns, again given by her friends :) .

Aww thats great Jill :love: I know I wont use all of them so Im always happy to share them around :lol: :)

Wow...that's really nice! :D

I wish folks around here were like that...my neighbour has 2 allotments, but has never offered me any veg, even though I look after their rabbit whilst they're away, and clip her nails, etc. :roll: :(

The lady at the nursery said she would prefer to give them to us than throw them in the bin. We just needed to take the the first few leaves off each cabbage and then they were :love: I found some apples in the box too :)

Aww that's great! I hang around in Morrisons when I do my weekly shop & beg every so nicely for the leaves they take off all their cauliflowers - I normally come back with a right back full for free - I recommend anyone being cheeky & asking like I did - they'd only end up in the bin, if I didn't take them!

we always get our cabbage leaves for free. We just ask one of the fruit and veg stalls on the local market and during the winter months we get 4 weeks supply at any one time (my buns love the outer leaves, but not the inner ones.... :roll:)

Aww that's great! I hang around in Morrisons when I do my weekly shop & beg every so nicely for the leaves they take off all their cauliflowers - I normally come back with a right back full for free - I recommend anyone being cheeky & asking like I did - they'd only end up in the bin, if I didn't take them!

i do that too :oops::lol:

I'm *attempting* to grow all my own organic veg this year. If it all survives I will have far too much for my rabbits and pigs so I'm going to share it with all the fluffys at work, and even some of the fish lol!!

Back