• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

to bathe or not to bathe...

peediepixie

Mama Doe
Sammy is a dirty little so and so and has sprayed all around every flippin' wall of the hutch:roll: He isn't neutered yet as his bit hadn't dropped the last time he was at the vet but he'll be going back this week and as soon as those little bits are visible, they're gonners!
Anyway, Elsa seems to have got in the 'firing line' a few times and her gorgeous white fur is all stained:( She HATES being handled so I'm not sure if I should try and clean her up or just leave her to do it. She has some tufts around her feet I need to try and trim anyway. If I should clean her, what is the best and least scary way to go about it?:?

Maybe you could wait and see if she cleans more of it off herself? I'm not really sure of the least stressful way - sorry.

you could try giving her a wipe with unscented baby wipes if it is really bad, but you will probably find she will clean it up herself

you can buy groomign wipes in pets at home for dirty bunnies :wave:

havent used them before though, just saw them int here a few weeks ago x

Thanks all, I'll leave her for a few days yet, her coat is looking a bit better today. Her ears and face are still a bit icky but I'll give her a chance to sort herself out first:D

It tends to stain so I'm afraid she may look a little odd until her next moult. It will moult out though and won't bother her so best to just leave it :)

Back