• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PAH Adoption

daisykinn1

Young Bun
Hello all, I just went to my local PAH (Reading) and in their adoption part (rather than the main rabbits on sale) there was a rabbit that was on sale when I got Paddington. His poster says '...because all my neighbours were prettier I was never chosen...'.

At the time PAH though Paddington was female so had them housed seperately (later found out he is a male) but both were sat in their hay racks staring at each other so I got the feeling they wanted to be closer. Is there anyway I could bond these two or would it be too difficult as neither are neutered yet as they're too young. I feel awful for leaving him behind!!

I think someone with more experience of babies will be able to tell you, but I think you can keep them together until approaching the age that they need spayed/neutered and then seperate until spayed/neutered, then rebond!
But I would wait until someone else can confirm, because rabbits are so fertile!:shock:

I was at a local rescue and they had two un neutered boys who had lived together their entire lives. So it is possible. And my sisters father and son lived together until lola made them horny and they started fighting. Naughty bun is lola. But my point is...so long as there aren't any girls who will drive them potty it is possible.

I wouldn't recommend getting a boy to bond with a boy. It's worth ago if you've got two already but there is a higher chance of two boys not bonding or even falling out later.

I'd only get another boy if you have space to house them separately permanently if it doesn't work out.

I have two boys that have been together since babies and they still love eachother. I did get them done a few months back just because I didn't like the behaviour towards people but they have always got on fine together.I would only try it though if you have room if they don't get on.

Thanks for the advice...I have the space in theory but one would suffer whilst the other was enjoying the freedom of the garden & I want Paddy to have a buddy. Hey hum hopefully a nice family will want him. It's such a shame, I wish PAH would have sexed my rabbit correctly then they would have been together from the start. :evil:

Last edited:
I have my two boys, who are not litter mates, and they have been together since I bought them. I had to seperate them when they started getting randy and when they were neutured and then I put them back together again. They love each other - it is perfectly possible. but as Tamsin says there is always that small chance?

Back