• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scipio not eating - U/D pm results pg. 6

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
:( vibes please - my big teddy bear isn't eating at the moment - I suspect teeth trouble, but we're off to the vets in 10 minutes...

100_4665.jpg

he seemed fine last night - hoovered his pellets up as usual, but he's all lethargic now :cry:

Last edited:
not great news - vet thinks it's an infection of some sort... he had a high temp and seems pretty unresponsive :(
He was given 40ml sub-cut fluids, which I'm going to continue with at home, depocillin jab and colvason (which is apparently a pain killer and will reduce his temp)
got another appointment in the morning...

OH DEAR..well at least he's seen a vet and will be more comfortable now

Vibes winging their way to Scipio and hugs to you xx

anyone got any thoughts what it could be??? he is up to date with his myxi and VHD, i can't feel any lumps on his jawline and his lungs seem clear :?
I'm thinking it might be his tooth roots - perhaps an abcess forming :?

Poor Bun :(

In my experience abscesses tend not to cause pyrexia :?
Did the Vet test Scipio's wee ? A severe UTI might be a possibility.

Hope he feels better soon

Janex

Poor Bun :(

In my experience abscesses tend not to cause pyrexia :?
Did the Vet test Scipio's wee ? A severe UTI might be a possibility.

Hope he feels better soon

Janex

that's a good point - no, wee wasn't tested... but he did wet himself earlier and just laid there in it :(
I'll ask the vet to test it in the morning... hopefully the depocillin will start to kick in

Sending vibes for Scipio...hope he's feeling better soon xx

IME sudden lethargy and anorexia isn't usually caused by teeth. I reckon your vets right that its probably an infection happening somewhere internal. Hopefully the antibiotics can sort it out.

Amy

he's still not eating, but he is still pooing... so stasis hadn't set in. He's having syringe feeds of recovery and fruit baby food, which he is tolerating - to be honest I'm glad he's putting up a bit of a struggle! Aemilia is loving all the fruity snogs she's getting after his feeds!
I'll keep the thread updated... thanks for all of your thoughts :)

eta I'd initially assumed it was his teeth, as he has a history of resp. infections and eye infections which are probably due to his teeth - he doesn't have a problem with spurs at the moment, but they are mis-alligned :?

Last edited:
Back