• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

which herbs for baby bun

getlaced

Alpha Buck
hi i sil need to know which herbs i can dry out for lucifer and whether its too early for him to have them? he has been on the pro biotic for 2 days

Hello!

What do you mean too early? do you mean because he is young, or because he's had a medical condition or something recently? How old is he?

Generally, most herbs are good for bunnies, my bun especially loves basil, mint, and coriander!

With any new food given to a bunny, always feed a little amount the first time to make sure it doesn't upset their tummies. And then increase it steadily :D

The herb plants you buy from the supermarkets are a good idea as they stay fresher for longer

Last edited:
My Lola loves mint - it makes her sneeze but she loves it! I have planted loads of different ones ot supplement her diet but only give her little amounts - she adored the coriander!

hi i mean because he is a hand reared bun, he is 5 weeks old now......iv been giving him pro biotic for a week now for the gut bacteria thing and he has had a teeny nibble of cuecomber the past 2 nites, he would have happily ate it all!! but i wanted to try a little and see how he goes....tamsin reccomended introducing dried herbs after his feeds but as he has now pretty much weaned himself of bottles (wont realy entertain them anymore) he drinks a little milk from a bowl each day but devours a whole bowl of dry food and a bowl of water! he has gained 3 ounces the past week/10 days so im not worried about his weight gain anymore! i just wondered which herbs would be good for him initialy?? also does anyone knoe when i can start small bits of carrot and greens etc?? thanx

ohh yeh he has hay! as much as he can get through, he has it as bedding as well so he wont run out.......has been nibbling that for a cpl weeks

Back