• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

golden brown poo

tickles

Mama Doe
Since switching hay types their poo as gone golden brown and not so much brownbrown if that makes sense is this ok and just because of hay switch or is it something else.

I picked up a golden Calli poo the size of a marble today and must admit I was ridiculously proud of it :oops::oops::oops:

Which is the best hay to get golden poos? My bunnies poos are brown, but not golden.

i suppose just good quality hay - i get golden nuggets with Excell Forage, i tried farm hay once, they were as black as coal!

also, poops can look dark from far away but up close, in the light they look totally different..

alvin and pearl have the same diet in every way except pearl eats loads more hay.. pearl has lovely golden poops alvin has dark brown poops.. i think its more to do with how much they eat rather than the type... i guess the better the quality the more they eat :D

Ruby's pellets are always more golden than Bobby's, as she doesn't like pelleted food, and only eats hay and her vegs. Bobby doesn't do too badly though, seeing as he has a jaw abcess!

I think golden poo is because of the amount of hay they eat and not what type. When mine have slowed down their hay eating, because they don't enjoy the new hay over the normal timothy, I notice their poos are quite dark. Also when their pellets are reduced and they eat more hay, the poos go nice and big and light coloured.

Back