• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rats.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Hi.
Can Rats hurt buns, I saw a rat earlier, and we are trying to get rid of them, but I wanted to know if they can hurt bunnies.
Jack:D

I've heard once or twice about rats chewing off a buns tail; I would imagine that hurt :? but I've not heard anything worse than that.

we had one in our garden prob more as they love compost bins had enviromental health out and they put posion around compost bin and they were dead within a week.

husband dug out compost bin and lined with bricks so solved rat problem (neighbours found 2 dead ones behind shed, they have a compost bin on other side of fence to ours so little ******* were having a real feast!!)

they didnt really bother the buns we keep them covered at night and rats had tended to stay around composter. we did make sure we were sweeping up any bunny droppings, sawdust, hay,straw - we usually leave it blowing around!!! so think this helped

when peanut was a baby, he was about 4 months old, a rat chewed INTO his hutch, and bit peanuts tail so bad it nearly had be 2 be operated on to remove it!

Back