• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hormones, or nervousness?? Help please

AnnaDelie

Mama Doe
Hiya, :D

We just got Hiro out for a run, Del (bf) suggested I also get Kiki out and hold her for a bit (which I did) but she must have saw him and she lept out of my arms and chased after him - Hiro ran away from her, then turned, scuffled with her and bit my bf twice (nothing that drew blood though).

We managed to get Kiki back in her hutch. But not sure if this is scuffles/hormones or anything as they are both only 8 1/2 weeks old - does this normally appear in a boy bun this young?

Plus they can smell/see each other from their hutches, I thought I was doing it all right :roll:

Just felt sorry for Kiki as she is smaller :cry:

Well they were with their siblings until 8 weeks old, I don't want to breed them so have kept them in seperate hutches next to each other until I can get both neutered.

Hiya,

It's a bit unusual situation, probably why you haven't had many replies :) Do they usually have access to the area they were in when they had the fight? It might just be a territory dispute and they'd be fine somewhere neutral. It could also be she startled him and he was retaliating.

It is a bit early for hormones but some buns are quick developers.

It's just going to be a case of waiting until they are neutered and on neutral territory - you'll probably find they react totally differently :)

Cheers Tamsin,

It's hard to tell for me also.. they have been out together once before when I first got them - he was also a bit excitable then too, but nothing like this.

They've been out seperately since then about 3 or 4 times each - I'm thinking he got startled again and then his hormones kicked in, never had a boy bun before so I wanted to check on here :D

I am planning on booking him in for castration as soon as possible - my vets say 4 months, but I don't want to risk getting them out together again :roll:

well.... i got my first 2 bunnies two years ago, peanut butter and jelly. both babies, both 8 weeks ish old. peanut was probably ten weeks. i thought 'well there 2 young to breed (i was wrong but luckily peanut didnt have any bits what so ever, he didnt get ANYTHING until he was 5 months old) so we popped them together on the floor, and jelly FLEW at peanut, she grabbed his neck and poor peanut squealed like anything! :shock:

they are now a neutured husbun and wife and ADORE each other, but it can happen with younger buns! xxx

well.... i got my first 2 bunnies two years ago, peanut butter and jelly. both babies, both 8 weeks ish old. peanut was probably ten weeks. i thought 'well there 2 young to breed (i was wrong but luckily peanut didnt have any bits what so ever, he didnt get ANYTHING until he was 5 months old) so we popped them together on the floor, and jelly FLEW at peanut, she grabbed his neck and poor peanut squealed like anything! :shock:

they are now a neutured husbun and wife and ADORE each other, but it can happen with younger buns! xxx

Thank you :wave:

That sounds similar actually, but it was my boy bun tugging at my girl.. They seem to adore each other when we first got them out, after about 5 mins he started getting a little excited. But the second time he freaked out..

Sounds like he should be OK once he's done, fingers-crossed! 'Cos she is a lot smaller than him and I felt sorry for her :( luckaly I managed to pick her up out of the little corner she found and put her back in her hutch :)

Back