• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Do I Need To Know :(

MollyND

Young Bun
took molly to the park yesterday and a guy and his gf walk up to us. We get the usual "oh a rabbit on a leash?"remarks. Then he goes on to say his brother got a bunny and now he wants to get rid of it,doesn't know why he got blah,blah....thry want $100 for the cage and rabbit. Says the rabbit is brown and grey,young ,not sure if male or female. I know where they live but i just don't have room in my apartment to take this bun in :(

know how you feel a freind spoke to me about a giant bun that needs a home they are giveing it up due to it being destructive indoors.... its hard but i had to say no and just direct them to ru and rabbit rehome. the bun in q had had all vaccs adn been neutered too its sad but you cant help them all.... itoo get questioned when i take snowy out on her harness..... dora hates it but snowy goes mad she loves it! :) (both hav free run of garden too but snowy loves exploring!) i had a woman ask me...what kind of dog is that?!!! i was like errr...its a netherland dwarf rabbit...she looked horrified and said oh.... lol and another bloke said its too cruel to take a rabbit on a lead why not let her off and run free.. ....er because of big dogs?!!!!??? still i think that leads are only ok for the right tempermented bunny...there are many whom i wouldnt even try it with ....others like snowy who love it.

took molly to the park yesterday and a guy and his gf walk up to us. We get the usual "oh a rabbit on a leash?"remarks. Then he goes on to say his brother got a bunny and now he wants to get rid of it,doesn't know why he got blah,blah....thry want $100 for the cage and rabbit. Says the rabbit is brown and grey,young ,not sure if male or female. I know where they live but i just don't have room in my apartment to take this bun in :(

Just tell them about the rescues in the local area, there's not really anything else you can do.

If he is asking money for it then it shows he's not desperate to get rid of it.

If the rabbit's welfare is actually okay but they are just bored of him then he'll probably be fine.

sound slike they were trying to make a sale from you, rather than try to get this bun a good new home x

Back