• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found Wad of Fur : /

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
Just found this is the cage :? I think it's Bobbin's but can't find anywhere on him where I think it's come out.

2595750809_9cf1a06a25.jpg

They seem happy as larry, grooming each other as I type.

Apart from fighting, how else can a bun lose a piece of fluff like this? :|

I used to find fur pieces like that in Sasuke's run too.... he was black and the fur was orange so I knew for sure it was Zakura's... he'd been picking her fur of through the fence, but she didn't appear to get bald patches.. though eventually she got bald patches on her head though, I think you can pull out quite a deal of fur sometimes without them going bald though.
After all I once found a white spot on Zakura's back which apparently came from a scuffle with Sasuke, though I never noticed any bite wounds before.:shock:

I used to find fur pieces like that in Sasuke's run too.... he was black and the fur was orange so I knew for sure it was Zakura's... he'd been picking her fur of through the fence, but she didn't appear to get bald patches.. though eventually she got bald patches on her head though, I think you can pull out quite a deal of fur sometimes without them going bald though.
After all I once found a white spot on Zakura's back which apparently came from a scuffle with Sasuke, though I never noticed any bite wounds before.:shock:

Thank you. Do you think intense grooming could do that?

Looks like a substantial bit of fluff to me, 'friad I'm not so sure, doesn't sound like they've had a fight..

How big is the bit of fur? x

Looks like a substantial bit of fluff to me, 'friad I'm not so sure, doesn't sound like they've had a fight..

How big is the bit of fur? x

It is quite substantial. It's about two fingers wide, but now I've squished it down because it's soooo soft :love: :oops:

EDIT: I've just held the piece of fluff up to the screen and it's pretty much life size on screen :?

Bobbin is quite fluffy, much more so than Roo and I suspect in a way he is almost always molting, but I can only really see it when there is a visable molt line.

I hope it's just an odd molt or some intense grooming method Roo has perfected :lol: If they have had a scuffle you would never know, they are currently snuggling :)

Will keep an eye on them and try to book her in for a spay as soon as can be recommended.

ooh, now someone has said about grooming - sometimes i use a flea comb on Carlton (he loves it, totally passes out through bliss when i do his head!) and when i get to his bum, i do sometimes catch a 'bunch' of moulting hair - not that big but maybe that's what it is and he pulled it himself?

ooh, now someone has said about grooming - sometimes i use a flea comb on Carlton (he loves it, totally passes out through bliss when i do his head!) and when i get to his bum, i do sometimes catch a 'bunch' of moulting hair - not that big but maybe that's what it is and he pulled it himself?

Oh yeh, I do hope so. He doesn't seem in the least bit distressed, and he did when his first wife bullied him :lol:

Although he does look worried sometimes when Roo woooooshes past! Although being deaf I don't suppose he can hear her coming! :p

Awww I wish Bobbin would like me grooming him! :rolleyes: :lol:

Looks like a pulled tuft to me. Rabbits are really really fluffy so you won't find the spot it's from. Their fur is quite dense to so a small patch spreads out a lot.

Rabbits will tug if they get annoyed eg if he was in her way and refused to move. It's not necessarily anything to worry about if its a one off.

Try not to worry too much Thea - bunny fur does pull out really easily. I sometimes find fur like that in the sheds, both BJ and Rosie and Herb and Hollie are happy stable couples so I don't read too much into it (now ;)). I think they just like to keep us on our toes with worry!

Riley humped Harriet the other day and he pulled a lump of fur out of her like that. I saw it happen and it came out so easily it looked like it wasn't even attached to start with and like people have said, there was no skin attached, just fluff! If I hadn't seen it I'd have been pretty worried to find the fur, but even knowing where it came from, I couldn't find a 'sparse' patch on her!

i usually find clumps like that when pearl tries to hump alvin, hes so fluffy and it practically falls out of him, no violence is needed to cause them clumps hun :D:D

sooty is loosing wads of fur like that each day.....moulting plus a bit of chasing = large tufts of fur lying around.....probably nothing to worry about.

Thanks guys, they seem fine this morning :)

I think I'm just paranoid after what he went through with his first wifey :? :oops:

*must relax, must relax, must relax* :lol:

I wouldn't worry. I can pull clumps of fur off of some of ours like that. they often communicate with their teeth and if Bobbin's a bit moulty i imagine it would have come out easily.

Back