• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Material In Fecal Matter... Not Eating Pellets

I have a dwarf rabbit named Roger. Roger is female... yeah yeah I know... long story but anyways! I picked up a new bag of Oxbow Timothy based pellets. She is not eating them. She never ate that brand before... but she used to eat timothy based pellets. I am also finding long strands in her fecal matter... I almost wonder if it is caused by her shedding fur?

I am gettin' a little worried. Any information is helpful... please post any information you can.

I checked my room and I can't find much... some mild carpet ripping... anyways... peace.

Oxbow pellets are really good.. however you shouldnt swap between different pellets straight away. You need to mix old new together gradually increasing the ratio of new to old until it is all new.. taking about a week to do so. This avoids stomach upsets, but also allows your rabbit to get used to the different food. Do you have any of your old food you could use? If he won't eat the pellets is he eating grass/hay? Rabbits do pass fur in their poo and you sometimes get like 'pearl necklaces' of poo :oops: or sometimes you just get poo with strands of fur coming out of them. Thats normal.. just watch that the poos dont start to get smaller as it could mean theres a blockage. Make sure he gets access to lots of hay, dried grass etc and fresh water and should be ok.

Back