• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny in the rain

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
Rocky is an indoor bun so has never been in the rain before. Today he was out in the run and it rained a little (don't worry he had shelter). Now his coat feels mega soft! Is that why? Is it good for their fur to get a little wet sometimes and stuff? Should we bathe our bunnies?

This isn't something I've ever really thought about (unless needed for medical purposes obviously)

when Carlton sits in the shower with me (talk about obsessive!) and he gets water spray on him, he's always softer when he dries. i wonder why that is.

i know bunnies don't need bathing unless for medical reasons, it can really stress them out.

Last edited:
haha, I think Rocky was probably wonder what the heck was going on, having never seen the rain before! He's so lovely and soft, I even asked o/h if he'd taken him into the shower with him to shampoo and condition his coat! :lol:

I don't think bunnies are really supposed to get wet, but you always get one who likes it:
IMG_0607.jpg

and then you have to dry them off!
IMG_0608.jpg

my buns deliberatley sit out in the rain, and when im coming over to catch them, the purposely run away, and make me chase them just so i get soaking wet :lol:

Back