• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freecycle

milly100

Alpha Buck
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting things on freecycle?? Ive just registered but missed out on a rabbit hutch :(. So ive put a request on asking if anyone has any spare guinea pig or rabbit hutches as I would really love to put my guinea pigs outside to live but i only have indoor cages and money is a bit tight at the mo :cry:. So fingers crossed someone has one

Ive given alot away on freecycle from hutches to runs to kids toys :) My biggest gift from Freecycle is a great friend I have made. I gave her some mesh for her run and she has become a great pal and now brings veggies for the bunnies a few times a week. :)

I asked for a rabbit hutch for my neighbours as theirs was a right old heap!

A lovwely man messaged me offering to make one as he was a joiner!

I have had 5 rabbits, two hutches, a run (none of which was recirculated as it was totally inferior but out of the system atleast, cardboard tubing for tunnels twice (latest was today), newspapers for all of my hutches again and again, towels for bunnies, a dishwasher for the rescue I used to work at, a whiteboard for the rescue, a whiteboard for my bunny shed, a dog grooming table for the rescue, a tumbler composter, apple tree prunings for bunny treats, an ergonomic computer keyboard and some other items.

I have given away allsorts too, and like Steph, have made some good friends who still come and see my bunnies.

As it gets busier it is getting harder to be lucky enough to get any of the offered items unless you are glued to your e-mail every day. People have got wise to what it's all about and there certainly are people who sit and grab whatever they can to sell on.:(

I don't bother asking for stuff any more, because the only thing I've asked for and actually got is a rabbit :shock:

I was offered a rabbit hutch, which was in such a bad state that it couldn't even be moved without falling apart, and some lino to line my hutches, but the person who offered it refused to answer the door when I went to pick it up :shock:

Thats lovely that so many people have had such good luck on freecycle. Im hoping when Im on hol to have a clear out and put some things on freecycle

We hav had some great stuff off Freecycle for the buns including hutches wen I needed them for temperay accomadation and just lately a play house for the buns to live in , cat beds for them to sleep in and bunny toys .
I do check my emails alot but only ask for wot I need but there are some greedy people out there .
We hav given away stuff like beds, kitchen stuff, tv's and allsorts and made a good friend to .
I think it's great so don't give up on it, things will come your way and if not then just ask for them .
Lisa xx

I have just been over to collect my latest item that I was lucky enough to be given by a Freecycler. It's a massive length of very thick untreated cardboard tubing to be cut up for various bunnies. The lady who offered it was so delightful and I spent quite a while chatting to her. She used to have 12 piggies and 2 buns so was keen to see this go to a bunny home.

The nice things is that she says she often finds things suitable for bunnies to play with (where here house is is near a few industrial type units) and she will let me know whenever she has something appropriate for the buns.

Yet another great contact I've made - I have every faith in the majority of Freecycle folks - all the ones that I have met have been brilliant and have been very interesting people.

One guy that came to collect some plant pots, grows small indigenous trees for an archeological site in Kent where they are reconstructing a viking settlement. Amazing.

As a way of keeping items out of land fill it's brilliant - although I am still at a loss as to why some groups allow posting of animals!!!!! As if they would end up in landfill......................

I still havn't figured out how to use it!! I go on ad it's just a chat room. Anyone have any tips fo me. I currently need chest of drawers and things but never figured out how to see what people had.

I put my rabbit waste on freecycle, and have now met a really nice man with an allotment. I now swap my rabbit waste for left over veg that he grows, brilliant :D:D

I put my rabbit waste on freecycle, and have now met a really nice man with an allotment. I now swap my rabbit waste for left over veg that he grows, brilliant :D:D

I did that too. The guy who used to come over has just stopped. It was a bit odd really as it turned out he had his own rabbits. I found this out after about the 3rd visit when I was introducing him to my bunny family. He let it slip that he had bunnies and I get the impression he didn't like what I was telling him about rabbit welfare etc before I found out about him having some. He hasn't been back since.

Back