• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help-Truffles has attacked Dandy i dont know what to do:(

There's not really any information for us to know how to offer help or advice? We dont know what happened, where the wound is, if its bleeding, how deep, if it's a bite or gash...

She has bitten his mouth it was bleeding quite badly and skin was hanging off,basically the dog next door came out barking and made them jump he jumped on her and she did this,i cant stop crying:cry::cry: he has been to the vets they have cut the skin off and hes on antibiotics
I cant belive shes done it:cry:

Awwwwww hun I am so sorry - Truffles certainly is a little madam when she wants to be isn't she. Dont be upset this is buns for you - when I had Poppet and he and Little Man fell out Poppet lip was bitten by Little Man and he kept trying to persist biting exactly the same place.

I have now given up totally with bonding groups - but for you its a pairing only issue - sending snuggles to Dandy and hugs to you and smacked bums to Truffles xx

Its such a shock when this happens, but is totally outside anyone's control. She was just frightened. Hopefully it won't damage their bond and his mouth heals nicely. Take care

This is the second time though:( The vet says not to put them back together now,i just dont know what to do:(
They had been getting on fine Truffles had been a bit more confident now shes sitting looking sad in her run:(

Last edited:
Omg!:shock: Does she still live with the rabbit that did it though?

No she doesn't, I split them, they were getting on before then as well. I nearly lost her really, it was good that the emergency vets had a good vet on, although he charged me nearly £500 well worth it though. She has a massive scar though :(

I don't know, you know your bunnies best , it's such a hard one. I bonded Pippin after Buster died into Scooby's group and it all went well to be honest that happening came as a complete shock.

This is what she has done

000_0785.jpg

Hes fine in himself eating and quite lively

only just got in and seen this Marie..poor Dandy and bloomin Truffles:cry:

If it was only because she was scared by something they could be rebonded..but did she ever attack Alfie when scared??
There is a risk she could do it again if made to jump:?
I can always have her here and try to bond them..or her with a different bunster..maybe Marley:?

only just got in and seen this Marie..poor Dandy and bloomin Truffles:cry:

If it was only because she was scared by something they could be rebonded..but did she ever attack Alfie when scared??
There is a risk she could do it again if made to jump:?
I can always have her here and try to bond them..or her with a different bunster..maybe Marley:?

Are you at home jill can i ring you please?
She never did attack alfie ever,her and Dandy have been fine up untill today i just cant belive it:(

id say she was terrified panicked and lashed out at whatever was nearest...

whereas willow and bif were a scrap and a half..willow got into bifs territory one night and bif was so badly injured on her neck..no stitches but bald and bleeding...and willow was covered in bif bites..bif needed the attention..everytime one g ot out it was always bif who began the fight..and willow used to run away and only retaliate is=f she was pushed too far..now its the same..willows clamed down a lot doesnt go for them thru the bars..but bif does..tail goes up and out come those teeth....willow politley moves off!! bifs about 2.5 kg..willows over 6kg.....only dif is cos of ehr size ehr bites affect bif worse but never had them bleed seriously or naything..they did bond in dec but bif unbonded her self new years eve and it upset the other three very much..willow kept running from ehr but bif got her each time..after 5 hours i put bif i a cat carrier as willow had retaliated and i was scared.

willow still lives with bifs ex bertie and bif lives with little bandit now....

but dont give up..let jill sort her out!:lol:

Jill has kindly offered to try and re bond them for me:)
Hopefully it will work
Just off out to buy more cable ties to make another pen for Dandy!

Back