• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Is Wrong With People?

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
I am furious. Tonight when I was at wildlife place, a man arrived with a shoe box and said he wasn't sure what was in it. He had a massive flat bed van outside and worked for a turfing company. He had come out of a house, he had been working in and went to put his tools in the back in the van and he noticed this shoe box in there. This apparently was not unusual as he has people dump all sorts of rubbish in there He was about to throw it off the van when he decided to open it, he isn't sure why.

Inside was what I later identified for him as a 5 day old, domestic, baby rabbit. Most unusual cappacino colouring. Eyes still not open. The most incredible thing about this is that whoever has thrown it out, went to the trouble of taking the nest made from straw and the mothers fur, out and placing it in the box, along with a pile of hay :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I am so :censored:ing angry. :evil: How could someone do this? Why? :evil::evil::evil::evil: This poor wee mite will probably not survive. I fed him (which he found extremely stressful) and toileted him. I have also put him in an incubator. Poor wee mite.. WHY? What on earth was the idiot who did this thinking? :evil:

What state is the mother in? And have they separated her from the father? What a moron... he has no idea who put it in there. He was as angry as me when I explained everything to him.

I am meant to go back saturday... I am not expecting to see it there.. I spoke to the owner though and we are going to do our best :(

What a shame! How awful. That was very good of the man to bring the bunny in to you. I imagine some people wouldn't have. I'm glad he checked!!

I have to say I take stories like that with a heavy pinch of salt :? I hope the little baby pulls through.

Might be worth calling around local rescues and seeing if you can find a mum with a litter about the same age. If you rub him in bedding and pop him at the bottom of the pile she may well adopt him.

Might be worth calling around local rescues and seeing if you can find a mum with a litter about the same age. If you rub him in bedding and pop him at the bottom of the pile she may well adopt him.

There aren't any local rescues and I rang the only person I know who sometimes has litters and none of hers are nursing at moment :(

Who knows? You have to wonder why someone would shove it in his van in a box.

The more extravagant the story the more likely it's false IMO.

i'm inclined to agree with you there sooz - that was my first thought.

poor little bunny though. at least you have helped this one man see the light. even if he doesn't care about bunnies maybe he will mention it to someone or something and pass the word along.

vibes for cappucino bun

Back