• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why dont they know whats good for them?!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
:lol:i swear if i didnt love peanut so much i would be infuriated :lol:

So today i tried Becki Xx's idea of putting some medicene on slice of apple as syringing was stressing him out, i gave him a peice of normal apple and he gobbled it down, so i got the 'sneaky' peice out.... held it infront of him... he BOXED ME, grabbed it and threw it accross the room :roll: :roll: :roll:

so i think...right ill put it on a cabbage leaf and roll it up.... the little :censored: eats AROUND the medicene. :roll: and leaves the rest.

in the end i had 2 syringe him.

so i think... time for some porridge. made it with water ( its to help him gain weight hes stupidly thin now) added a little apple juice and grated carrot (who wouldnt want that!)

and popped it in the crate, and watched.

who comes over? JELLY! she starts scoffing it and its all around her face and her little tail is actually wagging!! peantu takes one sniff and then actually pushed jelly away from the bowl, and then turns his back!

oh dear....... im gunna get grey hair at this rate

:lol: oh no! have you tried mashing it into banana? might be worth a try?

he hates banana... he too good for that :roll: :roll:

i forgot to add my mum then got a skewer, and made a hole in a carrot, and then squirted it in...and it ALL trickled out again... and she went 'oh i thought that would be a good idea' :roll:

he hates banana... he too good for that :roll: :roll:

i forgot to add my mum then got a skewer, and made a hole in a carrot, and then squirted it in...and it ALL trickled out again... and she went 'oh i thought that would be a good idea' :roll:

danammit! Ryan stewed up some apples to make chunky apple sauce, he loved that too. does he like apples?! :lol:

he ADORES apples, but he seems to know when im sneaking something in it

even swirled into yummy scrummy stewed apple?! surely no bun can resist the yummeh taste of le stewed pomme!! even with medicine hidden in it! :lol:

i'm trying to think of other squishable things to put it in, i can't think. :? ummm...

silly peanut :( how about the old trick dunno whos it is tho, mushed pellets and apple juice.. just a tiny amount to make sure he eats the medicine too?

:lol: I am imagining Peanut boxing you.

I have the same issue with Homer, he knows if you are trying to hide anything in his food. Our vet now lets us give him his Bayril by injection it is a lot less stressful for him and us! Might be worth asking your vet if this is an option as not all vets will let you do it.

well last nite was my last ever day at college and there was a party after, iw as going but couldnt cus of peanuts meds, but mum said she would do it, so i went. she text me at 8 'just gave peanut his medicene, he was as good as gold, dont know what ur making a fuss about'

:roll: :lol:

He was probably just hungry enough at that point. Mine will eat any medicine if I put it on pellets, then wipe the bowl with a grape to get any residue up.

Back