• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foxes broke into eglu, ate my bunny

Frankie123

New Kit
Hi. Woke up yesterday to find 2 foxes had broken into my eglu by pulling run door off its hinges, and were eating my beautiful bunny Gypsy. Other eglu owners need to check their hinges. Omlet say they changed the manufacturing of the green plastic clips in April/May 2008 and they are now made from a different material, but that doesn't help if you bought your eglu before then. They also say they "will now consider a change to our literature to include the checking of clip security at regular intervals". So please check. Don't want anyone else to lose their bunny:cry:

frankie i'm really sorry :-(

i was always proper paranoid when my buns were in a hutch an donly really relaxed once they moved into teh shed, but even still i knwo nothing is 100% fox proof.

binky free little gypsey x

I used to change the clips and the hinges regulary on mine, as they disintergrate over time.

I had a fox pull the hinges off a new wooden hutch. Luckily i have a dog so the buns weren't harmed.

Sorry about you buns, how awful for you.

:cry::cry::cry:

So sorry for your loss. I lose sleep over the thought of foxes and have made dp go and check on them at silly times of the night quite a few times:(. Its really nice of you to warn others. xXx

Back