• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clipped bunny claws for the first time

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:shock:
as my rabbits had always been kept on concrete I've never had to clip a bunnies claws before, I've done piggies loads, but they are not the same as a hormonal bunny :shock: Anyway, now Magic os living in the shed she doesn't have acsess to concrete.
Anyway after the initial struggle which included Magic scratching my face and jabbing the nail clippers in my cheek :roll: I managed to get her to relax and did her front claws easily, afterwards I let her have a break and some pellets to reward her and then I had to catch her again and do her back feet which were alot easier (except one which I had to trim with the scissors 'cause I cut it odly :oops: ) anyway, here she is after her 'traumatic' ordeal :lol: :roll:

benandnailclipping007.jpg

I wanna learn how to clip rabbit claws too~
Any 'clipping tool' recommendation?

When i first got carpet and marble, their claws
were clipped by the pet shop owner (free of charge)
and had them bathed as well~

But i really must learn how to do these myself~

I used rabbit claw clippers but you can use baby and puppy claw clippers :)ETA not baby claw clippers :oops: baby nail clippers :lol:

Back