• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How far have you travelled to get a bun?

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
All being well we shall drive to Devon and back next sat 28th to get baby Stumpy no ears.I am looking forward to the journey and meeting the lady who owns him but not looking forward to having the kids in the back complaining of the 6 hours of the journey:roll:How far have you travelled to get your bunny?

I think Snowy on here does more miles for everyone to get buns than anyone I know, she as dones hundreds for me:D

Aroma came to me from nearly halfway across the country (I live in Norway...she came from Vestfold and I live close to Trondheim) however I did not travel with her all the way.
A breeder offered me Aroma on an online forum, but I was worried I would not be able to get her, luckily another forum member was getting a rabbit from the same breeder, and she lived far closer so she took Aroma with her from her breeder's home and into my county. We met halfway there, traveling maybe 1-2 hours to get her.

Well I met Kayj on Sat & got lost on way back so wound up driving through the Peak District for 2&half hours,

My longest car trip was actually only to Leicester & back, for the Birmingham buns, but M1 was closed so I was driving for 8 hours.

My longest distance wise - for someone else was Birmingham & back

Just to a town between Nottingham and Derby i think, so not very far. It was about 3 or so hours in the car back then (dont drive now) That was for our Amile, who was at my mums. Since weve either rescued from Bristol (Charlie and Earl) or the town where we live

Not for my own buns but for rescues I have driven from Warwick to Essex, Also around the M25 several times :) Longest time was going to Watford, not far but traffic was appauling so took around 6 hours!

The rescue i get my buns from is only 20 minute drive so i dont have to go any further :D

Rosie came from the SSPCA in Dundee! We fell for her after seeing her on Rabbit Rehome. So I suppose we had about a 2.5 hour trip to get her. She's a good traveller though ;)

You're lucky on the East coast, with 2 good rescues - there are no rabbit rescues in the west of Scotland at all :(

dominos from barnsley so 100 mile round trip, and samson mansfield (about 90 miles round trip).

we are doing a 270 mile round trip though when we get our piggies in july!

do teh number of miles i've put into bunny runs to get tehm to tehir new homes count too? ;) if so quite a few!!!

further i've been for an animal though is to swindon and back (450 miles round trip) to collect some winter whites and gerbils!!!

Not buns but we did a 270 mile trip to get Guinness's girly pigs. Even the OH said it was worth it though, bless :love:

My buns were all real close to my home :) But I came to England to get my rats :lol: It was a 5 hour boat trip there and 5 hours back and about about 2 hours driving to collect them :)

I did a 260 mile round trip from Chatteris to Bunnymadhouse in Barnsley for my pair. I also collected Witchy's buns while I was there!

Back