• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good rabbit vet in Nottingham??

Harley McFarley

Young Bun
Anyone know of a vet in Nottingham that is experienced with rabbits? Have tried a few local 'run of the mill' vets - not impressed.

:wave: I've always been told gamston vets4pets are really good i'm taking 1 of my bunnies to be neautered at the mapperly vets4pets a week on monday i've onl been to them once to have a bunny sexed and they were realy good with my bunny and didn't charge me either :D

I use Gamston Vets 4 Pets. They are good...ask for Rachel or Annie.

I also use Castle Vets in the city centre, but they are very expensive and recently I've had difficulty getting their main vets (Ewan and Brin) and have been fobbed off with stand-ins.

Vets4pets

Vets for pets getting good reports, have just called my local one in Bulwell. Their pratice manager likes bunnies - good sign!
Thanks for help.
P.S. Love the pic of rabbit with likkle beard!! What a sweetie.

Just jumping on the band waggon - anyone know of a good vet in north nottinghamshire, rather than the city centre? Someone did recommend Meadow bank in Selston, but anyone else know about this place, or know of another vet? Thanks very much in advance! xxx

I lived in Nottingham for 8 years and always went to see John Oleshko at Ashfield House, Long Eaton. He was always very good with my bunny always took time and trouble to examine him properly. When Brian became very sick with sarcoma he spent time researching if there were any other things we could try to help him. I would certainly recommend him to others.

That vet sounds great, I'd give them a try if I were you.
Alternatively I did hear there is an excellent vet in Rainworth, which is out Mansfield way. However it was recommened by dog owners!
Dont be afraid to ask loads of questions when you call, just tell them you're neurotic, it usually gets a laugh. Unless they dont know what it means of course, in which case they just think I'm mad...which is quite accurate really.

I use ARK in Chilwell. Lisette is really good. i would be interested to know what you think of Vets4Pets in Bulwell as I live in Aspley so going to Chilwell is a bit of a trek.

Im looking at using Vets for Pets at Bulwell to get my 2 boys neutured. Any idea how much it costs there??

I've never been myself (I'm in lincolnshire) but Honeybunnies always recommends Gamston too. I've heard good things about this vet.

Not quite Nottingham but Minster Vets in Southwrll have always been very good with us. We now use their sister practice in Newark.

Anyone know of a vet in Nottingham that is experienced with rabbits? Have tried a few local 'run of the mill' vets - not impressed.

Hi, I used Priory Vets in Beeston. They were amazing with my poorly rabbit that unfortunately had to be put down and offer a really good deal with the 'Healthy Pet Club' Can't say I am a fan of Vets4pets to be honest. I have a new beautiful rabbit and will be using them again. :)

Back