• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Single rabbits...

Are they ever truly happy?

Were kind of stuck in it at the moment. Luna wont bond with our other pair and trying only causes massive breakups between them and injury (theyre all neutered btw) and we cant get another bunny...but i cant help feeling guilty. She has free run of the whole house now which she seems to enjoy, but she does seem to just sit, sometimes for a long long time, just thinking...and i really hope shes not sad:( Were always interracting and playing with her obviously, and im around all day

Whats everyones experience of single buns?

She'll be fine, when shes sitting and looking all sad she's probably sleeping really. I think some rabbits are happy on their own, as long as they have people to play with, toys and loads of hay.

Hey :wave:

I think it totally depends on the bunny, whether or not they've had company before and whether they were indoor or outdoor. Dillon was on his own for 2 years before I bonded him with his first girlfriend and was a very happy bunny.

I think her situation (free range) sounds wonderful. My two sit all day and snooze so I wouldn't say that was a sign she was unhappy.

We've decided we don't want any more bunnies after our current two so when one of them is left alone we'll probably bring them inside for more company.

Lian x

Tell me about it!
You know how people have been advising me on separating Carpet & Marble?

I tried it before~
Marble was squeaking, jumping up and down and was desperate to get out of that single cage :(. As for carpet, he just refuses to eat and desperately was looking for marble as well, didnt squeak but..... looks desperate still nontheless.

I thought it was the cage at first but then i figure that as long as they dont get to see each other, marble will start squeaking again :(.

I also tried separating them 'with visual contact'
Like you know how you separate betta fishes?
(But of course, i did it the same way WITHOUT putting something in between so that they can still see each other)

Things were fine for a while...........
until marble started squeaking again -_-.
Anyways for now they're inseparable, i just couldn't separate them~
Just have a look at the video i uploaded to see how marble wants carpet so much at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vaKO3fAx0s

fudge is a single palace bunny and doesnt seem unhappy...we have lots of sleeping and hay eating and playtime and cuddles on mummy's duvet. i do lots of stuff with fudge that he wouldnt be able to do with another bunny to consider...we frequently get the train to his grandparents in nottingham and i wouldnt be able to handle two bunsters on the train.

he gets free roam whenever i am home-however he cant be trusted when i am out not to eat the wallpaper in the dining room!i also know he wouldnt have the standard of living he has got with his lots of treats and toys with another bunster as i wouldnt be able to handle that financially.:roll:

fudge is a single palace bunny and doesnt seem unhappy...we have lots of sleeping and hay eating and playtime and cuddles on mummy's duvet. i do lots of stuff with fudge that he wouldnt be able to do with another bunny to consider...we frequently get the train to his grandparents in nottingham and i wouldnt be able to handle two bunsters on the train.

he gets free roam whenever i am home-however he cant be trusted when i am out not to eat the wallpaper in the dining room!i also know he wouldnt have the standard of living he has got with his lots of treats and toys with another bunster as i wouldnt be able to handle that financially.:roll:

lol and hed have to share his bunny room which i dont think he would enjoy.

im not sure about my bun he seems happy enough yet i want him to have a playmate for when im not around, although 1 rabbit was here and he was so jealous of it

My last bunny Harvey was a single bunny and he was a very happy bunny. Like most buns he spent most of the day dozing, and when I was at home he was with me. He bonded with me and he adored the cat, and although I can see how happy bonded bunnies are now I've got a bonded pair, I don't regret that he was a single bunny - I think some bunnies probably need and are happiest with other bunnies, but I think there are some that don't need it when they're getting lots of love and companionship from a person - and in Harvey's case he used to snuggle up with Oliver the cat too.

Back