• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

what could it be?

jasonbunny

Warren Scout
my rabbit jason has stopped binkying, he just doesnt do it anymore. He seems quite down most evenings now, and last night i put fresh hay in his cage...this morning it is all gone and he hasnt touched his pellets, very unusual, normally he wolfs the pellets and doesnt eat much hay at all. Sounds daft i know but i just feel there is something not right with him so am going to take him to the vet to be checked. He is still madly obsessed with running round my feet too, the lady teddy rabbits didnt work, and the binkying seems to have stopped since that begun.

I guess there could be lots of things, if he's running around then it probably isn't stasis, but may be teeth, and does he spend a lot of time on his own (sorry, don't know if you have any more buns/pets), so could he be lonely?
Just some thoughts, hope the vet can help your little guy :)

has he been done..as sexual frustration can lead to all sorts of bunny probs.

does he have teeth probs?

has it been very stressful in the hosue etc...are you upset or depressed or il as my buns pick up on that and get very subdued as when im due a fit too.

i havent seen bif binky since..i dont know when but shes head binkied a few times lately..bandit does loads of head binkies and has binkied in thelast few weeks....willow hasnt.bertie does the who hoo head bibkie and then afew attempts at binkying but hes alazy ole frenchie boy:lol:

they get down like us..they feel under the weather a lot too....if lifes really stressful...

glad your taking him to the vets fingers crossed its just a bunny sulk!

he is eating fine really, his poo is fine, i did notice he has taken to chewig my skirting board, so i figured he was getting bored and got some new wooden toys for him and a card board box i just cut holes in for him to play in. I havent got him done, though i will be doing asap, because this all seems to have started with the circling of feet thing. The only time he shows any joyful excited bunny nonsense is if i move my feet when he is circling them, he seems to take it as a sign of affection. He has taken to chewing my trainers too.

I dont know about his teeth, but he was at the vet 6 weeks ago whom though they were fine, i take him every couple of months for his teeth, claws etc. he looks scruffier too, like he is not taking care of himself as much.

I am full of a cold, but aside from that, its all fine. He is out all day long, being a house rabbit, and gets full run of our bungalow, i suppose he could be lonely though.

mmm sounds like hornybunny sulk to me!

youd be surprised how some buns worry when their 2 foots arent feeling well!!

hope your cold goes soon.

his potency will be causing him frustration, esp. at this time of year, and perhaps giving him the bunny toys has highlighted that. Once he's been done and the hormones have settled, see how he is. If he's spending more than 3-4 hours a day on his own, he could be lonely, and that would be the time to get him a buddy. Hope all goes Ok at the vets :)

thank you, its what i was thinking but with jason being my first bun i dont know. He can pull a good bunny sulk when he wants to but this time he is beginning to remind me of when we first adopted him from the rescue centre, very low. He doesnt come out from his various hideyholes in the day because i have two rowdy toddlers running about (they dont bother with him but sensibily he doesnt tempt them!) but the minute they are in bed, he is normally out and jumping up on the sofa, having a binky, stalking me to the kitchen in the hope of some veg or a little bit of fruit, and generally being full of character. I miss that :(. He is not a very touchy feely rabbit (never has been apparently all his life he was in a cage in the recuse centre so i suppose he never was handled much at all) and had just started actually letting me stroke him a little bit, but just runs away now. I want my happy bun back!

Back